BBO Discussion Forums: FINCH CLINCH - how to clinch those GRAND SLAMS - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FINCH CLINCH - how to clinch those GRAND SLAMS include VOIDS - the ultimate addition to FINCH CINCH

#1 User is offline   viaduct 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-December-12, 15:30

FINCH CLINCH

Any totally unexpected, weird, “non-system” bid made higher than 4s, is Finch Clinch.

How often have you had a problem including/showing a void suit when considering a slam, and have to settle for game, and very often making 6 or even 7?

The reason for this is, so often you don't know if one of your partner's Aces is the ace of your void suit (therefore of limited value), or if it's a more important Ace (like the Ace of the suit that they bid)!
Similarly is one of the kings your partner holds, the king of your void suit, or a more valuable king?

Showing voids safely makes Finch Clinch the ultimate addition to FINCH CINCH (see separate documentation).

All you have to do, if you have a void suit, and think a slam might be on, is bid 4 of your void suit (except if s, then bid 4NT), and your partner will show his Keycards, excluding your void suit Ace, and likewise also omit your void suit King if next you ask about his Kings!

Example 1 – 3 - 4, says, (OK s are Trumps), but I have a void in s, so please tell me your KeyCard count EXCLUDING s (my void suit), using the normal step system (4=0or3, 4NT=1or4, 5=2-Q, 5=0Kings, 5=K, 5=K and 5NT=K+K), and if a King 'ask' is subsequently instigated, now also EXCLUDING the K (0, lower, higher or both – as there are only 2 Kings left).

An even more unexpected example, 1NT - 2 - 2 - 4, (says s are trumps) and I have void, so please tell me your Ace count EXCLUDING s (my void suit), using the normal step system (4NT=0or3, 5=1or4, 5=2-Q, 5=0Kings, 5=K, 5NT=K and 6=K+K), and if a King 'ask' is subsequently instigated, now also EXCLUDING the K (0, lower, higher or both).
1 – 4, means love your s, have a void in s, and if your KeyCards include the A we could be in 7!

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-December-12, 17:32

This seems like an excellent system, I'm surprised no world championships have been won with it yet.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2015-December-12, 22:02

View Postviaduct, on 2015-November-24, 12:28, said:

PROGRESSIVE VOID GERBER

Any totally unexpected, weird, “non-system” bid made higher than 4s, is Progressive Void Gerber.

How often have you had a problem including/showing a void suit when considering a slam, and have to settle for game, and very often making 6 or even 7?

The reason for this is, so often you don't know if one of your partner's Aces is the ace of your void suit (therefore of limited value), or if it's a more important Ace (like the Ace of the suit that they bid)!
Similarly is one of the kings your partner holds, the king of your void suit, or a more valuable king?

Showing voids safely makes Progressive Void Gerber the ultimate addition to Progressive Gerber.

All you have to do, if you have a void suit, and think a slam might be on, is bid 4 of your void suit (except if s, then bid 4NT), and your partner will show his Ace count, excluding your void suit Ace, and likewise also omit your void suit King if next you ask about his Kings!

Example 1 – 3 - 4, says, (OK s are Trumps), but I have a void in s, so please tell me your Ace count EXCLUDING s (my void suit), using the normal step system (4=0, 4NT=1, 5=2 & 5=3), and if a King 'ask' is subsequently instigated, now also EXCLUDING the K (0, 1, 2 or 3).

An even more unexpected example, 1NT – 2 – 2 - 4, (says s are trumps) and I have void, so please tell me your Ace count EXCLUDING s (my void suit), using the normal step system (4NT=0, 5=1 & 5=2, 5=3), and subsequently if requested, EXCLUDING the K (0, 1, 2 or 3).

1 – 4, means love your s, have a void in s, if your Aces include the A we could be in 7!

Not the same convention?

#4 User is offline   viaduct 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-December-13, 08:55

View Postnullve, on 2015-December-12, 22:02, said:

Not the same convention?

NO!
Progressive Void Gerber just shows Aces and if requested Kings - Finch Cinch/CLINCH is far more complex and includes the King of Trumps as a Key Card, and also can incorporate the Queen of Trumps in the bidding, in addition to the ability to show which specific Kings are held!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users