Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

rules question little help

#1 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-December-02, 07:36

Last night Partner opened 1NT which I announced as 13-15, then 3 passes occurred.....Partner then correctly informs the opponents that our agreement is 10-12...Director is called and he says to the Opponents, "see me after the hand if you feel you were damaged and I will consider an adjustment"....We make 2NT (for a top), and director is called back because my RHO claims she would have made a double had she known the point count was 10-12.

I got into an argument with the director, saying that the rule is that she would have had an opportunity to make her double...eg. her Pass, my Pass and her partner's Pass all would have been reversed and it would have been her turn to make a bid with the correct information....

I believe the Director did not know the rule and took the easy way out, but properly should have allowed her to make her Double and let the bidding proceed.

Am I correct ?

Thank you

#2 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-December-02, 07:56

View PostShugart23, on 2015-December-02, 07:36, said:

Am I correct ?

No

Rainer Herrmann

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-02, 08:02

It is only the last pass that can be replaced. It sounds like it was dummy's RHO who would have doubled.

So no, his pass can't be replaced.

But the TD can assign an adjusted score if he thinks that opps would somehow have gotten a better result if dummy's RHO had doubled.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-December-02, 08:28

Shugart32, you're more likely to receive a comprehensive and polite reply if you post to the IBLF Simple rulings forum

#5 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-02, 09:30

As stated above the final pass can be changed but not the first one.

The director then has to work out whether he believes LHO will double a 10-12 NT but not a 13-15. I would take some persuading unless there was something on the convention card about the double.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-December-03, 03:02

View Postnige1, on 2015-December-02, 08:28, said:

Shugart32, you're more likely to receive a comprehensive and polite reply if you post to the IBLF Simple rulings forum

I've moved it.

#7 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-04, 14:29

"we play 'equal or better' doubles, and I have a 12-count"? Much as I think this is dangerous (maybe this is an understatement) bridge opposite a pair that knows their weak-NT-fu, a lot of players play it, and some actually have thought it through and believe it best.

"we play that 13-15 in a Precision context is strong, for Hysterical Raisins, and I don't have a double of a strong NT"? I've certainly played this myself.

The fact that the player said she would have doubled before play started is strong evidence - especially when it makes (potentially with overtrick).

The ruling - that we can't roll it back to her call to change it - is correct (Law 21B1a). We're in L21B3 territory, which is "potential adjusted score".

I think the TD should have looked at it anyway (assuming he has Hand Records); occasionally it is unclear to the players that they were in fact damaged. OTOH, sometimes it's "unclear if they were", too, where I would expect the non-offenders to be my trigger.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users