• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another risky grand?

#21 User is offline   angervea 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-December-10, 04:51

since when do we pass a reasonable hand with 13 HCP and nice distribution? You can't blame S for stopping at6

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-December-10, 07:56

I am looking for informations via RKB about K and Aces but if i am not sure if in heart suit there is Ace i don't bid seven. Partner should ask himself why i don't get 7 when asked for (i have not A). Generically speaking this is the situation that indication of two Aces upon three available positions can get different resulting when is not been possible to have informations of these ones in other way.

#23 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 08:18

View PostLovera, on 2015-December-10, 07:56, said:

I am looking for informations via RKB about K and Aces but if i am not sure if in heart suit there is Ace i don't bid seven. Partner should ask himself why i don't get 7 when asked for (i have not A). Generically speaking this is the situation that indication of two Aces upon three available positions can get different resulting when is not been possible to have informations of these ones in other way.

The point is that when partner asks about the kings, they are saying that they know with 100% certainty that between the two hands, all the key cards are held. Since you have the A, partner must know you have it already in order to know your side has all the key cards, so it will never be a surprise. While there are hands where it is right to overrule partner, the possession of the ace of trumps can never be one of those reasons in this auction. Also, if you are bidding RKC with voids randomly, then why can't opener have a void in diamonds instead of clubs?
Wayne Somerville

#24 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 08:28

Hi manudude03 i am in South RKB bidder and i have not the A ..

#25 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 09:45

View PostLovera, on 2015-December-10, 08:28, said:

Yes, and when you bid 5NT, you are saying that partner's response means we are not missing any aces. Therefore, North knows that you know he has it.
Wayne Somerville

#26 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 09:47

View PostLovera, on 2015-December-10, 08:28, said:

But it is your North that you want to make the decision and they do not know about the club void absent coughing, foot tapping or some related system.
(-: Zel :-)

#27 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 10:08

I only have 1 hand on the My Hands page where I answered partner, and then overwrote its decision.

The hand above was a much different situation though. From the previous bidding, I know partner must have at least Qxxxx in spades and Axxx in clubs for the 5NT bid. Those alone give reasonable play for 7C while 7S is considerably worse, and it should have more for the grand slam try. I probably should have just bid 7C over 5NT, but felt that the GIB might have been converted to 7S too often. Note that in the hand above, you need the diamond finesse playing in 7S, but not in clubs if they had broken 3-2 (diamond ruff is profitable playing in 7C). The surprise in the south hand here isn't some ace that I had already shown when I bid 5D, it was the KQ9x in its second suit which I hadn't shown.

In the OP hand, North doesn't have nearly enough information about the hand to make such a decision.
Wayne Somerville

#28 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 12:41

Manudude03 and Zelandakh i agree with you :N infact think i have A whilest i have in club void that has complicated the identification of position and i not denyied it but i have forced in this way bidding to have information about diamond hopeing partner can get up to seven (why S don't bid 7? Lacking A?). Although 6+1 had to have an almost half-top, bye.

#29 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-10, 16:42

View PostLovera, on 2015-December-10, 12:41, said:

Manudude03 and Zelandakh i agree with you :N infact think i have A whilest i have in club void that has complicated the identification of position and i not denyied it but i have forced in this way bidding to have information about diamond hopeing partner can get up to seven (why S don't bid 7? Lacking A?). Although 6+1 had to have an almost half-top, bye.

Because the K was not what South wanted to hear and so south signed off (don't forget North can't see South's hand). Basically, unless some really rare situation occurs (this isn't one of them), a 4NT bid as RKC denies a void. So South would therefore know that North has A and AK and has still decided not to bid 7, so North shouldn't either.
Wayne Somerville

#30 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-11, 10:53

Perhaps 5 Exclusion by S as card lie can get informations about A and AK and knowing that this suit has no losers we can bid 7.

#31 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-13, 03:23

There is another topic where you can find the situation i've told in my post #22 saying Generically speaking.... In that one bidding was 1-1, 3-3, 4 having partner in spade AQ probably 6th, stiff K in heart and AKxx in diamond. The bidding problem was to know in trump (=spade) presence of K. It being five different situations the answer to 5NT asking without K (or A if is the case) in trump agree by RKB bidder is six of trump whilest in the other positive case should be sured A+K in indicated suit of K but the case you have already an A (Aces aside indicated K).

#32 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-15, 04:10

RKC with a void is underrated, but you need your partner to have denied the ace in your void via cuebidding.

Something like 1D 1S 1N 2D(art GF) 2H 3H 4D would be a great auction for south, he can keycard (his partner bypassed a club control), then ask for kings and opposite the DAK and HA and 4 hearts he can easily bid a grand.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#33 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-15, 08:32

I usually leaves bidding as reported more possible so to retain conditions of problem inhaltered than i agree with p - 1, 3 - 3, 3NT and considering that N has not cuebidded in club is it probable not has Ace in suit. But, also i have told in my last post (with the occasion if anyone may indicate it - perhaps in topic title the are the words "rkb" "king" and "blackwood") my intendiment was and is to managed RKB with this situation and i think probably i have found as to solve.

#34 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-16, 11:33

Although after 3 N has bidded 3NT meaning that all force(=range 14-18) is on the other suits or re-calling Jacoby(=unbalanced). If it so and in spade is shortness(=singleton) we can easily ruff two spade in dummy and for a grand needs A and K in diamond than after RKB with answer 5(=2 keys w/o Q) 5 query for a second round controll having informations for Aces dislocation and eventual collateral King position than 6 being positif answer sure A in trump and King in diamond more probably togheter at the second Ace ( lacking cue in club and for this aim 5 Exclusion can be considered also). In this way we can bid 7 with more safety.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users