• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compatibility

#1 User is offline   sachin273 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-November-27, 10:06

Hi all.
May i know how the compatibilty of a player is decided? i mean the compatibility stars u see on a players profile..
regards.

#2 User is offline   sachin273 

• Pip

Posted 2015-November-27, 23:07

View Postsachin273, on 2015-November-27, 10:06, said:

Hi all.
May i know how the compatibilty of a player is decided? i mean the compatibility stars u see on a players profile..
regards.

Looks like i have asked a wrong one :P i am not interested in whether or not the system is correct really. I just want to know how it work so i may have a slightly better idea.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-28, 03:49

We don't publicize the precise details, but it looks at the number of similarities in things like your country, BBO masterpoints, etc.

#4 User is offline   sachin273 

• Pip

Posted 2015-November-28, 23:29

View Postbarmar, on 2015-November-28, 03:49, said:

We don't publicize the precise details, but it looks at the number of similarities in things like your country, BBO masterpoints, etc.

Thanks for the reply.
So when you check compatibility of a player, it is among the 2 of u, not absolute overall compatibility of the player if i get it right.
that is good enough for me.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-29, 01:33

Just ignore it. Pure bloatware that has no meaningful benefit. It was a well intentioned experiment that failed and they forgot to remove it.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-30, 04:31

View Postsachin273, on 2015-November-28, 23:29, said:

Thanks for the reply.
So when you check compatibility of a player, it is among the 2 of u, not absolute overall compatibility of the player if i get it right.
that is good enough for me.

Yes. The idea is that if you're in the partnership desk of a tournament, we think the players with more compatibility will be better partners for you. For instance, if you're from the same country, you probably know similar systems and speak the same language.

If you search the forum, you should be able to find some thread about it when we first added the feature.

#7 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-30, 21:22

View Postbarmar, on 2015-November-30, 04:31, said:

... If you search the forum, you should be able to find some thread about it when we first added the feature.

Initial announcement:
http://www.bridgebas...__1#entry793651

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users