Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I get my IMP average?

#1 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-25, 07:37

I'm interested to see if I'm making any progress in my informal play on BBO.

(I originally asked the following on another thread, but the question should really be put here)

View Postoryctolagi, on 2015-October-24, 13:42, said:

Off-topic, I'm afraid, but this makes me wonder: is there a way for me to read my own IMP average? I can't see any.

View Postmanudude03, on 2015-October-24, 19:32, said:

On the BBO homepage, click My Hands. There, provided you are logged in, you can check anyone's hands played in a specified period.

I tried this, and clicked on Recent Hands, I got a display like this.
Posted Image
But I can't see any way of exporting, or copying and pasting, all the IMP figures into, say, Excel, so that I can work out an average. The only resource seems to be laboriously typing in all the figures - or working out the average on a calculator. :blink:

I'm using WinXP (SP3) and Chrome.

Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   hevnandhel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-October-25, 08:01

http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands/

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-October-25, 08:22

MyHands site as suggested per link above is the way to go but it has limitations worth noting:

(1) Some hands never make it to the MyHands database, such as total points events, rubber bridge (if using the download client interface), Just Play Bridge hands and maybe a few others. This should not concern you if all you are after is a general trend and movement in trend.

(2) Some hands that make it to the MyHands database are visible only if your MyHands login ID was the same ID as a contestant at the table. Robot tourneys for example. Not a problem if you are only after your own averages.

(3) Any hands that make it to the MyHands database are visible only for about 2-3 months max.

(4) Using the web browser you can only access 6-days at a time within the 2-3 month window. It does show averages and totals by tourney and day. You may be able to drop the data into an Excel spreadsheet and get more long term stats that way, but ....

The simple solution, if you have a Windows based system (or emulator) is to use Bridge Captain's Double Dummy Solver. This allows you to download hands by month from MyHands. It is subject to the same limitations as above except for item 4.

http://www.bridge-ca...downloadDD.html
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-25, 11:15

Thanks guys. Most helpful. The link:

View Posthevnandhel, on 2015-October-25, 08:01, said:

answers my question for me!

I have now bookmarked this page.

I couldn't discover any button or tab linking to this page, from the BBO home page. Nor does there seem to be any reference to it that I can discover, in the BBO "help" pages. What other 'secret' or 'hidden' BBO features might there be, that I might wish to know about? And is there a guide to them anywhere?

#5 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-25, 12:26

Posted Image

I had the name on the link wrong before, but that's where you can click to get to it from the home page.
Wayne Somerville

#6 User is offline   oryctolagi 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-25, 12:56

Thanks. That's a different home page from what I thought was the home page, I was referring to:
http://www.bridgebas...ient/client.php
Eventually I'll get used to navigating the site! :unsure:

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-October-26, 09:38

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-October-25, 08:22, said:

MyHands site as suggested per link above is the way to go but it has limitations worth noting:

(1) Some hands never make it to the MyHands database, such as total points events, rubber bridge (if using the download client interface), Just Play Bridge hands and maybe a few others. This should not concern you if all you are after is a general trend and movement in trend.

Since those hands aren't duplicated, there are no IMPs, so how could they be included in an IMP average?

(4) Using the web browser you can only access 6-days at a time within the 2-3 month window. It does show averages and totals by tourney and day. You may be able to drop the data into an Excel spreadsheet and get more long term stats that way, but ....

This isn't true. You can access up to 30 days at a time. Why would the time period menu have a "month" option if you couldn't access a month of data?

#8 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-26, 10:31

Oh Duh. I never noticed that the interval field showing days has a drop down.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users