BBO Discussion Forums: BBO disconnects too easily after network dropout - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO disconnects too easily after network dropout

#1 User is offline   mbill 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-October-21, 09:01

I and a partner have recently joined BBO and have been practicing together. It's been great fun, and I appreciate that the service is available to bridge players.

I like to play on my Android device, but I find that BBO is extremely sensitive to network dropouts or pauses and often disconnects us in the middle of a hand. Since I'm the one paying for the robot opposition players, my partner gets stuck hosting the table (after I've disconnected), and the robots disappear. He can then invite me to the table to resume my previous seat, but then to get the robots back he has to leave the table so that I get re-assigned as the host, then I have to invite him back to the table and re-activate the robots. It's a big hassle.

If BBO on Android were less sensitive to network dropouts the app would be easier to use. Could the timeout period be lengthened before disconnecting a user due to a network dropout, or could BBO allow a user that disconnected abnormally (by not clicking "Log Off" button) to log in again and resume his seat and host privileges at a table within some short time period, say 5-10 minutes, if the seat is still vacant?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users