Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO home site

#1 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-September-06, 09:01

is there any plan to update the look and feel of BBO home site www.bridgebase.com?

Don't get me wrong. I am not looking for anything fancy and fully rooting for a "text only based" site. Yet there is room for more thought e.g. use of b/g color, font size adjustment, etc. there should be plenty of free theme/template out there.

#2 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-September-06, 12:51

Missed an important point. The current home page is not mobile friendly.

#3 User is offline   DonMario 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-September-07, 00:47

While we are on the topic of changing looks, I wish the bidding for robot play would be shown in a format that corresponds to what we have at the table, i.e. W to the left, E to the right, S in front and nearest, N in front and furthest. I sometimes misread the bids (normally after a few drinks...)

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-September-07, 20:44

View PostDonMario, on 2015-September-07, 00:47, said:

While we are on the topic of changing looks, I wish the bidding for robot play would be shown in a format that corresponds to what we have at the table, i.e. W to the left, E to the right, S in front and nearest, N in front and furthest. I sometimes misread the bids (normally after a few drinks...)

Bidding diagrams in tabular format is a universal standard. It's what you see in newspaper bridge columns, bridge books, magazines like the ACBL Bulletin and Bridge World, etc.

And why only for robot play, not human?

#5 User is offline   DonMario 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-September-07, 22:54

View Postbarmar, on 2015-September-07, 20:44, said:

Bidding diagrams in tabular format is a universal standard. It's what you see in newspaper bridge columns, bridge books, magazines like the ACBL Bulletin and Bridge World, etc.

And why only for robot play, not human?

Standard designed for printing days are not necessarily optimum with today's technology. Sure human play too.

#6 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-September-08, 09:06

We definitely plan to update the homepage. There has been some attempts made, and we got really far just 6-7 months ago with a completely different and modern (mobile friendly too!) look, but ultimately did not release any of these yet.
Not sure how much I should say, but think netflix! It was going to be beautiful and functional.

I think we'll get round to it soon as this is definitely becoming important.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users