BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#11801 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-January-05, 19:40

y66, on 2019-January-02, 22:44, said:

Paul Ryan leaves office with a 12 percent favorable rating, 32 percentage points lower than Trump's 44 percent job performance approval rating per a Civics survey of registered voters.

While Ryan is a coward who was terrified to appear to offend Dennison, a political hack with rehashed ideas which didn't work in the past and have no prospect of working in the future, and so partisan he forgot what was right and what was wrong, at least his ratings were above 0%. Well done Paul.

#11802 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-05, 19:58

y66, on 2019-January-05, 11:36, said:

I disagree with most of that opinion. Democrats have played it safe since the 2010 ultra right fringe tea bag sacking of Congress. The progressive wing led the take back of the House in 2018. It's good to show some passion against some of the outrages that have been happening in this country in the past 2 years.

#11803 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-05, 20:06

More delusions from Dennison

Dennison Wants To Call The Shutdown A ‘Strike.’ He Has It Completely Backward.

As the partial government shutdown grinds into its third week, multiple news outlets have reported that behind closed doors President Donald Trump prefers to call what’s happening a “strike.”

According to Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey, Trump dropped that particular term during his meeting with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Friday, drawing “puzzlement” from his audience.

Dennison Claims Most Furloughed Federal Workers Are Rooting For Him On Wall Funding

I see where I was wrong. Those unpaid Federal workers actually went out on strike to support building the wall. B-)

#11804 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-05, 20:57

So many lies, in so little time.

Democrat Accuses Kirstjen Nielsen Of ‘Outright Lies’ On Border, Calls For Hearing

The new Democratic head of the House Homeland Security Committee on Friday ripped Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen for peddling “outright lies” about border security and called for an oversight hearing.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) made the accusation in a scathing letter to Nielsen following a private presentation to Congress in which she tried to promote President Donald Trump’s border wall by falsely claiming thousands of terrorists were apprehended at the southern border last year.

Kirstjen Nielsen lying to Congress and the public :lol: Tell me something I didn't know

Dennison officials exaggerate terrorist threat on southern border in tense briefing

Sitting around a conference table in the secure White House basement chamber on Wednesday, Nielsen told the group that included President Donald Trump, adviser Jared Kushner and top congressional leaders of both parties that border officials had apprehended more than 3,000 terrorists and 17,000 criminals along the U.S.-Mexico border in the past year, according to a person familiar with the private meeting.

But statistics from the Justice Department and DHS belie Nielsen’s numbers. In fiscal 2017, DHS encountered 2,554 people on the terrorist watch list traveling to the United States. But of those, only 335 were attempting to enter by land.

The majority, 2,170 were attempting to enter through airports, and 49 were attempting to enter by sea.

~300 and many of those were trying to cross the Canadian border. Once again, facts have a liberal bias.

#11805 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-05, 21:43

barmar, on 2019-January-04, 09:49, said:

Well, he keeps going back and forth on on equating border security with border wall.

Probably a decent number are in favor of border security. And when it suits Trump's purpose, he translates that to wanting a wall.

Basically, everybody is in favor of border security. Most people think a bigger wall is a waste of money.

#11806 User is online   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2019-January-05, 22:56

johnu, on 2019-January-05, 20:57, said:

y/immigration/article223944055.html"]Dennison officials exaggerate terrorist threat on southern border in tense briefing[/url]

~300 and many of those were trying to cross the Canadian border. Once again, facts have a liberal bias.

Build that Northern Wall! :) I don't care if they are cold. It's unfair that they are sharing our warmth without paying for it.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#11807 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-06, 03:25

Winstonm, on 2019-January-05, 22:56, said:

Build that Northern Wall! :) I don't care if they are cold. It's unfair that they are sharing our warmth without paying for it.

And also a wall around Hawaii. Probably at least 40 feet tall with pointy steel spikes. Maybe it would have kept Obama from illegally immigrating into the country. B-)

#11808 User is online   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-January-06, 14:28

It appears the U.S. Electoral Washington D.C. Junior College has held an election of which we were all unaware:

President Trump’s national security adviser, John R. Bolton, appeared on Sunday to roll back Mr. TrumpIndividual-1’s decision to rapidly withdraw from Syria, laying out conditions for a pullout that could leave American forces there for months or even years.

Mr. President Bolton, making a visit to Israel, told reporters that American forces would remain in Syria until the last remnants of the Islamic State were defeated and Turkey provided guarantees that it would not strike Kurdish forces allied with American troops.

I'm surprised President Bolton hasn't appointed a new Attorney General. B-)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#11809 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-06, 16:52

Forget Concrete, Let’s Build A Steel Wall Instead

The president seemed to imply the material was the real sticking point as he continued to keep the government partially shut down over wall funding.

I'm disappointed in Dennison. A steel wall...Steel??? As a golfer, he should know that titanium is the best material that is used in the latest high tech golf drivers.

Titanium wall

Titanium wall

Titanium wall

Titanium wall

#11810 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-06, 17:01

Dennison Says He Can ‘Relate’ To Federal Workers Who Can’t Pay Bills During Shutdown

Who would have known, another compassionate conservative. B-)

“I can relate,” the president responded. “And I’m sure that the people that are toward the receiving end will make adjustments, they always do. And they’ll make adjustments. People understand exactly what’s going on.”

“Many of those people that won’t be receiving a paycheck, many of those people agree 100 percent with what I’m doing,” he added, without evidence.

“By age 3, he was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. In his 40s and 50s, he was receiving more than $5 million a year,” the Times wrote.

Needless to say, he worked very hard for his allowance salary at age 3 and was very frugal and saved his money in case his father had a shutdown and stopped paying him he had to go on strike against his father.

#11811 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-06, 17:11

johnu, on 2019-January-05, 20:57, said:

Even Fox Propaganda knows this is a lie,

Sanders repeats claim on terrorists at the border refuted by administration's own data

Wallace (Chris Wallace, Fox) pointed out that special-interest aliens are those hailing from "countries that have ever produced a terrorist. They're not terrorists themselves." Wallace cited a State Department report stating there is "no credible evidence" of terrorists crossing the border with Mexico.

"At year's end there was no credible evidence indicating that international terrorist groups have established bases in Mexico, worked with Mexican drug cartels, or sent operatives via Mexico into the United States," the State Department report said. "Terrorist groups likely seek other means of trying to enter the United States."

But there's this:

Dennison said

"The border is a much more dangerous problem. It's a problem of national security. It's a problem of terrorists," Mr. Trump said. "They find it's the easiest place to come through. They drive right in and make a left. It's not going to happen."

The obvious solution is to put up signs saying that left turns are not allowed :rolleyes:

#11812 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-06, 21:16

More solid negotiating by Dennison, the master of the Art of the Deal. :lol:

Dennison Offers a ‘Steel Barrier,’ but Democrats Are Unmoved

“If he has to give up a concrete wall, replace it with a steel fence in order to do that so that Democrats can say, ‘See? He’s not building a wall anymore,’ that should help us move in the right direction,” Mr. Mulvaney said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “If that’s not evidence of the president’s desire to try and resolve this, I don’t know what is.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, do we need to get Mulvaney psychiatric help as well?

It is unconfirmed that Democrats countered with offering to paint a line in the sand with bright red paint.

#11813 User is online   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-January-06, 21:59

johnu, on 2019-January-06, 21:16, said:

More solid negotiating by Dennison, the master of the Art of the Deal. :lol:

Dennison Offers a ‘Steel Barrier,’ but Democrats Are Unmoved

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, do we need to get Mulvaney psychiatric help as well?

It is unconfirmed that Democrats countered with offering to paint a line in the sand with bright red paint.

Tbe Democrats countered with a mime troupe. https://www.youtube....h?v=yDu5HRZQRlg

#11814 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-07, 01:45

Y'all need to slow it down.

Winston, when is Olivia going to learn bridge?
OK
bed

#11815 User is online   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-January-07, 09:30

jjbrr, on 2019-January-07, 01:45, said:

My best guess would be never; however, my oldest daughter, Sara, expressed an interest just the other day but I managed to talk her out of it. ;)

#11816 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-January-07, 09:36

johnu, on 2019-January-06, 17:01, said:

He can relate because he's well known for not paying his creditors.

#11817 User is online   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-January-07, 09:51

Wapo discusses the Jerry Falwell Jr. led "base":

And, like many heretics, Falwell and his fellow evangelical Trump Individual-1 apologists are on their way to founding a new religion, one in direct conflict with the old. This new religion doesn’t have much to do with Christ at all. Instead, it centers Trump Individual-1 as savior above any other god.

A disconcerting number of self-professed Christians have transitioned from the traditionally “evangelical” ambitions of spreading the gospel and forming a personal relationship with Jesus to spreading the gospel of wealth creation and fighting the “radical left.” National identity is what ties this body of believers together, and “the wall” has become its icon of hope, pushing the cross to the side

Well, Amen!

#11818 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-07, 10:48

Winstonm, on 2019-January-07, 09:30, said:

My best guess would be never; however, my oldest daughter, Sara, expressed an interest just the other day but I managed to talk her out of it. ;)

When my oldest was in college she mentioned that someone was planning to teach her bridge. I suggested that she wait until graduation and she took this advice. She is now 57. If she thinks that a Vienna Coup is some political event of a hundred years ago I'm fine with that and so is she.
Ken

#11819 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-07, 16:20

jjbrr, on 2019-January-07, 01:45, said:

It seems easy enough to ignore posts you aren't interested in, or are off topic.

#11820 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-07, 16:28

Mick Mulvaney Blames Schumer For Apparent Trump Fib That Ex-Presidents Back His Wall

For background, all 4 living presidents have denied talking to Dennison about the wall.

Asked by Jake Tapper on “State of the Union” Sunday to identify which presidents Trump was talking about, Mulvaney admitted, “I can’t name any.”

“My guess is that this boils down to some of the semantic difficulties with leader [Sen. Chuck] Schumer,” Mulvaney said before suddenly veering into an unrelated discussion of wall construction. (See the video above.)

“You don’t know what president it was then?” Tapper pressed again.

“I have no idea,” Mulvaney said. “I have not asked the president that question.”

And then the topic switched to Dennison bizarre statement that Russia was correct to invade Afghanistan.

The Wall Street Journal in an editorial that first appeared Friday blasted Trump’s tale about the Russian invasion of Afghanistan as the most “absurd misstatement of history by an American president” in memory and bashed his claim that the invasion was justified as “absurd” and “reprehensible.”

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

79 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 79 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook,
  2. Google