BBO Discussion Forums: How to get Authorisation to Create Pairs Tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get Authorisation to Create Pairs Tournaments

#1 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-July-12, 00:40

Hi,

what is needed to get the rights to create Pair Tournaments?

Looking at the BBO Prime Membership info, it seems, that this is not part of the Membership.

Thanks for your help.

With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-July-12, 02:06

I suggest you contact BBO at tournaments@... and ask them.

Running BBO tournaments is a privilege and unsurprisingly BBO does not what everyone running them and causing chaos: in particular, tournaments typically involve a lot more people than team matches and a disappearing director would cause more harm.

In my experience BBO are looking for responsible citizens and being on the BBO Forums for so long should help. They will want to know whether you want to run, free or pay events, and there is an agreement that you need to adhere to: basically to ensure that you are not running events for profit by taking entry fees and offering prizes outside BBO's realm.

Once you have permission to run tournaments there are plenty of online resources to help. There is also the TD Directors forum.

Cheers

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users