BBO Discussion Forums: Inheriting the board results of the person subbed - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inheriting the board results of the person subbed Doesn't make sense

#1 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-12, 14:47

When I was brought into a Goulash tourney as a sub I automatically inherited the results of the boards played by the person I subbed and I had to start from a 40% average result going into board 7.

This doesn't make any sense since most of the time you're subbing someone who left due to bad boards and this harms your overall BBO tournament average. It also discourages people from subbing into a tournament especially in the late stages.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-March-12, 16:18

View PostGazumper, on 2016-March-12, 14:47, said:

When I was brought into a Goulash tourney as a sub I automatically inherited the results of the boards played by the person I subbed and I had to start from a 40% average result going into board 7.

This doesn't make any sense since most of the time you're subbing someone who left due to bad boards and this harms your overall BBO tournament average. It also discourages people from subbing into a tournament especially in the late stages.

The results don't affect your BBO results they only apply for that tourney.
I sub a lot and have come 1st overall in ACBL speedballs twice as sub starting with scores less than 40%.
Your lucky to start at 40% lol.
No that doesn't happen often, but even after a few horrid results you can still place high.
I think this is a lesson for partners who dump partners after 1 or 2 bad results.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-12, 16:53

When I sub I take a very relaxed attitude. If I am not so relaxed, I don't sub. You play a few hands, you help the director keep the movement going, possibly you meet someone you would like to play with again. Anything is possible.

One thing I would like: If I come in to sub in the middle of a hand it would be good to have someone tell me what went on before. I try to do this for an opposing sub. It would at least be nice to know, for example, if trump have been drawn.
Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users