Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My double should be penalty

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-11, 09:55

I think my double should be penalty,any idea?

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2015-April-11, 14:36

Penalty is not the right term. The opponents have set as trump their not playing in any other suit (NT still possible but unlikely). 3 is a game or slam try and while shows something there is somewhat artificial. Normally your double would suggest a lead or sacrifice in .

Knowing that they are unlikely to be able to play in , if this is what programmers meant it gives them a free shot at suggesting & . I'd rather show otherwise the 3 bid could keep suit from being led. After all if you have & you could have used Michaels earlier and with lesser distribution why would you be suggesting a high-level contract?
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-11, 21:42

Steve: To help Georgi, what specifically are you suggesting that the description of West's double should be?

#4 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-11, 23:53

View Poststeve2005, on 2015-April-11, 14:36, said:

Penalty is not the right term. The opponents have set as trump their not playing in any other suit (NT still possible but unlikely). 3 is a game or slam try and while shows something there is somewhat artificial. Normally your double would suggest a lead or sacrifice in .

Knowing that they are unlikely to be able to play in , if this is what programmers meant it gives them a free shot at suggesting & . I'd rather show otherwise the 3 bid could keep suit from being led. After all if you have & you could have used Michaels earlier and with lesser distribution why would you be suggesting a high-level contract?

My double is penalty to a new suit at 3 level in deed, of course,it should including leading directly double.
However strangely,the explanations of my double is takeout.I think it is incorrect,ok?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users