Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing ACOL

#1 User is offline   Zacccc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-February-03, 13:27

I play ACOL Bridge and I want to practise, but it seems that all the robot games I join use a different system of 5-card majors. Is there any facility on this site where you can play using the ACOL system?

#2 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-03, 15:27

Zacccc, on 2024-February-03, 13:27, said:

I play ACOL Bridge and I want to practise, but it seems that all the robot games I join use a different system of 5-card majors. Is there any facility on this site where you can play using the ACOL system?

Join and kibitz, play or create a hand in the Acol Players' Club:
BBO > Casual > All Public and Private Clubs > Acol Players' Bridge Club

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-February-04, 03:52

Zacccc, on 2024-February-03, 13:27, said:

If you want to practice with robots, there is an Acol "Just Play Bridge" game in the Solitaire area. To get there: Home screen, Solitaire, look for Just play bridge (Acol)

There is also a Free Acol Daylong every day where the robots play Acol, a pay Acol daylong and an EBU Acol daylong which are all more compatitive games, with duplicate scoring, and where the robots use Acol as a system.

#4 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Walking, boring my wife with bridge stories

Posted 2024-February-04, 07:57

The free Acol daylong (in "competitive" and free tournaments") seems to be limited by geography. BBO does not seem to offer it outside the British Isles. I've just been on holiday in Malta, no free Acol daylong on my tablet. Came home, and there it is.

#5 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-February-04, 17:03

Douglas43, on 2024-February-04, 07:57, said:

The free Acol daylong (in "competitive" and free tournaments") seems to be limited by geography. BBO does not seem to offer it outside the British Isles. I've just been on holiday in Malta, no free Acol daylong on my tablet. Came home, and there it is.

Initially it was so limited, then I was able to play it in Italy... I lost interest and now again it seems unavailable.

#6 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-February-07, 20:58

You have to be registered on the website to be able to play in Acol Club tournaments. It used to be that that was the only restriction but it is possible that others had to be added given the large uptick in numbers that was sparked by the pandemic. The best people to contact for the current rules are JK (jandrew) and Sue (ssukaye). There is also shintaro, who used to run most of the tournaments, but I am not sure if he is still involved with the club management.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users