Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4-3 fit game - can it make?

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-September-05, 14:30

In an online speedball you end up in game on a 4-3 fit. The auction was pretty weird, just ignore it (1 was artificial, responder = me didn't know all the continuations LOL)

IMPs, white on red.

First tricks are
A 2 Q 3
K 9 6 4
J

Take it from there.

#2 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-September-05, 15:02

ruff low. good chances to make if overcaller has the 8

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-05, 15:38

Alternative is to ruff with K, then play spade and send. If overcaller wins hope he has the 8 too, which whereagles referred. Suppose spade finesse worked, play a to dummy and take 2nd finesse and try to clear trumps. Make if spades were 3-3 or Qx with W.

Suppose W held 4 of them and Q did not drop, take finesse. (perhaps dia J was preference for , it looks silly to echo the K but people do this a lot on BBO)
-If it is covered you made 1 + 1 ruff + 3 trumps +1 so far and will easily score 4 more (1h+2cl+1 trump from hand by ruffing hearts later) basically play clubs and make sure you end up in dummy if he refuses to ruff.
-If Q is no covered, cash all clubs, make when he ruffs the same way above. If he refuses to ruff endplay him with last spade if you are in hand after 4 clubs. If you are in dummy after 4th club then simply ruff a heart for 10th trick
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users