Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slam played in part score

#1 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-23, 18:12

Stephen Tu couldn't have been more right in his recent comment. The last thing GIB needs is new conventions. It needs better judgment, and better definitions of bids, in common auctions.

GIB held Ax, AQx, T9xxxx, T9. 1S by me, 2H overcall, P, P back to me for reopening double. Surely it must find something other than a simple 3D call promising nothing! With KQxxx, x, AKJx, Kxx I considered a raise to 4D but that was described as showing 20+ HCP. So I passed and soon claimed the dreaded +190. A Club holds it to 11 tricks.

I suppose the hand doesn't provide an easy bid, with 2NT, 3NT and 4D all possible, but 3D is terrible.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-23, 18:23

pass is also possible over your re-opening double :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-23, 19:34

2N (or even 3N?) are candidates in direct seat over 2H.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 12:07

IMO GIB is just too fundamentally flawed in it's design such that any amount of bidding fix up to the rules won't be enough - it just doesn't understand how to evaluate the *trick taking* potential of a hand. Honestly is BBO is really serious about computer bridge they should just license Jack, whatever the cost.

#5 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 12:08

The particularly irritating part was that those who made the novice error of reopening with 3D instead of double reached at least game, sometimes slam.

I suppose one might consider passing the double, but it's a offbeat action with an unbid 6 card suit partner has indicated support for.

#6 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 12:15

The particularly irritating part was that those who made the novice error of reopening with 3D instead of double reached at least game, sometimes slam.

I suppose one might consider passing the double, but it's a offbeat action with an unbid 6 card suit partner has indicated support for.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users