Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meaning of double

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-07, 07:51

Had to take a screen-shot to show the meaning of double here, because I did not want to actually make the bid.

It would not let me embed the image tin the post itself. Apparently I don't have the right to embed a file with .jpg extension. Say what?

Anyway, here it is

http://kvisit.com/Sv6eqAw

I can't help thinking that the explanation is inconsistent with the earlier auction.

Presumably as partner is a passed hand I am systemically entitled to pass the 1H response? I could sort of sympathise if GIB was having to cope with an impossible call earlier.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-08, 03:47

OK, for those who (understandably) don't want to click on links to external sites, here is the hand

MP, best hand south, Instant, advanced GIB ver 30

Where South passes over the 1S bid, a double instead would have shown (apparently, per mouse-over explanation):

"3+C; 3+H; 2+S; 15+ HCP; 15- total points; forcing to 3N".

If you don't believe me I am sorry but you will just have to download the jpg file from the link.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-08, 06:10

I believe it is real for what you said since I have two times at least to see such changeable explanations occured.

Please visit my report.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users