BBO Discussion Forums: How do I totally remove BBO and install a clean download? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I totally remove BBO and install a clean download?

#1 User is offline   brylea 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-August-12, 12:24

I am having problems with the cursor and pointer and feel a new download might solve the problem since it only occurred recently.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-August-12, 12:29

View Postbrylea, on 2011-August-12, 12:24, said:

I am having problems with the cursor and pointer and feel a new download might solve the problem since it only occurred recently.

Hi - welcome to the Forums.

Please try to use Firefox and see if it makes any difference.

#3 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-August-12, 16:53

Don't know if this is similar to what you are experiencing, but:

http://www.bridgebas...cursor-problem/
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 17:34

if you are using the downloadable bbo client for windows (netbridgevu.exe) then you just delete the bridge base online directory (you might want to take copies of your convention cards and such first), the go to www.bridgebase.com and download it again.

If you are using the web browser embedded version (client.php) then you need to clear you browser cache. But as others have mentioned, it might not solve the problem, you might need to use a different browser.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-13, 10:29

View Posthelene_t, on 2011-August-12, 17:34, said:

if you are using the downloadable bbo client for windows (netbridgevu.exe) then you just delete the bridge base online directory (you might want to take copies of your convention cards and such first), the go to www.bridgebase.com and download it again.

Just deleting directories of installed programs on Windows is rarely a good idea. Best to uninstall the program properly, either using the Add/Remove Programs tool or Start->Programs->Bridge Base Inc->Uninstall Bridge Base Online.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   meto 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-June-05, 03:21

View Posthelene_t, on 2011-August-12, 17:34, said:

If you are using the web browser embedded version (client.php) then you need to clear you browser cache. But as others have mentioned, it might not solve the problem, you might need to use a different browser.

I am having a language issue ...I had downloaded BBO on my machine before I changed the language settings to Turkish.. So some of the fonts have not been changed properly to real Turkish characters... Even though I have removed and installed a new copy it was not fixed... I used to have it installed on my previous machine in Turkish so I know that it should normally bring all the fonts in the correct form... Any idea how to fix this problem?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users