Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

+nokill+ not working

#1 User is offline   mkgreen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-08, 13:28

I created two team matches and on both occasions the 8th person, although online, didn't accept quickly and the matches were cancelled.
The cancellation was very quick. I had +nokill+ in the description and I was under the assumption that this meant the cancellation would not happen.
Am I wrong or is the +nokill+ not working ?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-08, 16:44

I do not know the precise workings of +nokill+, but I suspect what this does is prevent BBO killing an empty, or non-full, team match that has been created. It is not applicable to match creation itself.

BBO typically kills 'zombie' team matches after a little time. They normally occur when people abandon a match because it was incorrectly set up and they do not know where the cancel option is.

The +nokill+ feature is often used when people are creating multiple team matches with the same boards and plan to invite people some time later. It allows them to set up the matches in advance.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   bicester1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-09, 11:31

It was working until a few weeks ago. Now, when you ceate a match and it fails, you have to start creating the match all over again.
I was hoping the update over the last two days would fix this, but no, it hasn't.

The real disappointment for me is that a few months ago BBO decided that they were going to charge organisations that played competitive teams. And right now it is not "fit for purpose" in my opinion. A shame there seems to be no appetite fr0m BBO to put this right - surely it should have been fixed with the lastest update.

Last week I ran what was effectively to matches side by side. The delays that this caused me meant one match started the last round 33 minutes after the other. Very frustrating for all, and not a pleasant experince.

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-09, 12:39

barmar implied that this behaviour was inadvertently changed. Perhaps it has proved more difficult to find the reason and restore the original behaviour. I agree it is very frustrating.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users