• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about a bid

#1 User is offline   Alibar10 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Art, bridge, reading

Posted 2014-May-06, 15:57

Opponent opened one nt. Her partner responded 2 spades, adding an alert saying Jacoby t.b. The opener bid 3 hearts and it was played in hearts. I can't find any reference to the t.b. Can anyone tell me? It occurred in the relaxed game and really doesn't make any difference, except I thought I would be able to find something about it and can't. I double checked on the t.b., so I know that's what was written.

#2 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-07, 03:48

Looking at the hand record it appears that it was a 1NT overcall rather than an opening for what it is worth. Most likely Responder was just trying to communicate that their 2 call was a Jacoby transfer - perhaps the b stands for bid. Of course that is wrong, since only the red suit transfers are Jacoby but it is common for players to use the same nomenclature for 2 = weak with a minor. I suspect it was pure accident that they also had 4 hearts. It is difficult to say what Overcaller might have thought the 2 advance meant but I doubt they were on the same page here.
(-: Zel :-)

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-07, 23:34

If you don't understand an explanation, you should request a further clarification.

It doesn't seem like this a general bridge problem. Abbreviated explanations like that are only likely in online bridge.

#4 User is offline   Alibar10 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Art, bridge, reading

Posted 2014-May-17, 20:26

Ok, thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users