• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Judaism 101

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-17, 13:29

View PostArtK78, on 2014-April-17, 06:03, said:

Please try to avoid showing your ignorance.

Leopards can't change their spots.

#22 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-17, 21:23

View Post32519, on 2014-April-17, 10:59, said:

The Jews were the nation chosen by God to announce redemption to all non-Jews.
Nope. Screw you, goyim. Our job was to butcher you so we can get our promised land and then serve as a moral beacon in a world where your job is chopping wood and fetching our water. We're not a nation of Jesuses.
Seriously, go read the bible (the "old testament", not the spinoff). The non-Jews get the upper hand whenever God needs to whip us back to shape and that's about it.

(wasn't a meme much shorter and more effective, Diana?)

#23 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-17, 21:37

View PostAntrax, on 2014-April-17, 21:23, said:

Seriously, go read the bible (the "old testament", not the spinoff). The non-Jews get the upper hand whenever God needs to whip us back to shape and that's about it.

But when the Jews need to be reassured of their chosen status, they are handed a race to kill (except the young girls, whom they are instructed to rape).
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#24 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-17, 21:57

Yeah, I touched on that. Judaism is an old-school religion, none of that touchy feely crap Christians have. It was advanced for its time (our slavery was time-limited. Unless you're not a Jew that is) but it's not a religion you can really mesh into modern liberal values without some serious modifications. Otherwise you'll spend all day stoning people for painting pictures, lighting a fire on Saturday or having gay sex.

#25 User is offline   32519 

• Insane 2-Diamond Bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Books, bridge, philately

Posted 2014-April-17, 23:47

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-April-17, 11:12, said:

The first counter example that springs to mind is the Bahá'í Faith

The Baha'i Faith was founded by Bahá'u'lláh in 19th-century Persia. Bahá'ís continue to be persecuted in Islamic countries, as Islamic leaders do not recognize the Bahá'í Faith as an independent religion, but rather as apostasy from Islam.

So we can scratch out this one as it is an offshoot of Islam, which is an offshoot of Judaism.

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-April-17, 11:45, said:

Looks like the RigVeda provides another good counter example

Please provide a link to where you got this from as I can’t find it.

View PostCyberyeti, on 2014-April-17, 11:49, said:

Zoroastrians ? depends on the degree of nothing you need to start with

Zoroastrianism is an ancient Iranian religion and a religious philosophy. Zoroastrianism arose in the eastern region of the ancient Persian Empire (c. 550 – 330 BCE) under Darius and later Artaxerxes II (405–04 to 359–58 BCE). This was during the Jewish exile. Guess where the influence of Zoroastrianism came from?

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-April-17, 12:00, said:

If we turn to ancient Egypt, I think that both Amun and Ptah would qualify as well.
Same with Aten, however, its hard to take this one seriously...

The Jews were captives in Egypt for 431 years. These beliefs of the Egyptians, just like Zoroastrianism, were influenced by the Jews.

Great attempt this of yours, but it ultimately boils down to the fact that Judaism is the religion that claimed their God created the universe and everything in it. It is the earliest known religion which influenced the copycat religions which came afterwards.

#26 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-17, 23:50

View PostArtK78, on 2014-April-17, 11:38, said:

Sorry. My bad. I will get right on it.

Here’s where you can start for a quick win-win for all.

Between your most revered rabbi’s and the Vatican, there are a handful of uncorrupted books and letters which make up the New Covenant. Get these rabbi’s to place those uncorrupted documents into the public domain after translating them properly (at least into English, the universal language) for us non-Jews, the goyim. Then take up the torch and come and teach us about your God.

Here is just one example of how clueless us non-Jews, the goyim are. It comes from Romans 1:1 from the Orthodox Jewish Bible:
From Sha'ul, an eved of Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua, summoned to be a Shliach, set apart for the Besuras HaGeulah of Hashem,

The English equivalent should read: From Sha’ul, a bond-servant of the Master, the anointed king Yehoshua, summoned to be an emissary, set apart for the announcement of Yahweh’s redemption,

But this is how it reads in nearly every English translation: Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,

The Orthodox Jewish Bible makes 100% better reading!

The fact that we (the non-Jews, the goyim) have literally dozens of English translations of documents which originated at the hands of Jews desperately trying to get a proper understanding of your God, must surely be obvious to you guys that its time to side with the Messianic Jews and come and teach us.

Now get cracking with your contribution to this!

#27 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-18, 00:11

What does offshoot mean?

everything is an offshoot of something else I assume, so what is your point

do you have proof that "Judaism 101"

is not an offshoot?

offshoot

Houghton Mifflin

n.noun

1.Something that branches out or derives its existence or origin from a particular source.

2.A branch, descendant, or member of a family or social group.

3.A lateral shoot from the main stem of a plant.
-------------

I have to ask what the hell is an uncorrupted book or letter and what standard of measurement do you use?

#28 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-18, 02:48

View PostAntrax, on 2014-April-17, 21:23, said:

(wasn't a meme much shorter and more effective, Diana?)

I'm afraid nothing is effective in this case.

#29 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-18, 02:52

View Post32519, on 2014-April-17, 23:50, said:

Between your most revered rabbi’s and the Vatican, there are a handful of uncorrupted books and letters which make up the New Covenant. Get these rabbi’s to place those uncorrupted documents into the public domain after translating them properly (at least into English, the universal language) for us non-Jews, the goyim.

Have you ever thought of a career as a greengrocer?
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#30 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2014-April-18, 03:45

OK, native american creation myth.

"In the beginning was only Tepeu and Gucumatz (Feathered Serpent). These two sat together and thought, and whatever they thought came into being. They thought Earth, and there it was. They thought mountains, and so there were. They thought trees, and sky, and animals etc, and each came into being. But none of these things could praise them, so they formed more advanced beings of clay. But these beings fell apart when they got wet, so they made beings out of wood, but they proved unsatisfactory and caused trouble on the earth. The gods sent a great flood to wipe out these beings, so that they could start over. With the help of Mountain Lion, Coyote, Parrot, and Crow they fashioned four new beings. These four beings performed well and are the ancestors of the Quiché In the beginning was only Tepeu and Gucumatz (Feathered Serpent)."

source http://www.crystalin...amcreation.html

#31 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-April-18, 04:23

I was searching for some information on the RigVeda and ran across the following:

http://www.skeptic.c...eptic/12-04-25/

1. Looks like 32519 is cribbing talking points from Dinehs D'Souza
2. There is a nice rebuttal to his whole line of argument

The author seizes on many of the same examples that we have and also correct's 32519's timeline wrt Egypt
Alderaan delenda est

#32 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-April-18, 04:28

The Jews were not captives in Egypt for 431 years.
http://www.haaretz.c...a-myth-1.420844

Or if you prefer Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:

Although the Book of Genesis and Book of Exodus describe a period of Hebrew servitude in ancient Egypt, more than a century of archaeological research has discovered nothing which could support its narrative elements— the four centuries sojourn in Egypt, the escape of well over a million Israelites from the Delta, or the three months journey through the wilderness to Sinai.[3]

... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#33 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2014-April-18, 06:11

View Post32519, on 2014-April-17, 23:50, said:

It comes from Romans 1:1 from the Orthodox Jewish Bible:

Romans? From the Orthodox Jewish Bible?

First, I have never heard the phrase "Orthodox Jewish Bible." Second, Romans is from the New Testament. No part of the New Testament is part of Jewish theology, much less Orthodox Jewish theology.

The "Jewish Bible" is the Old Testament - the five books of Moses - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy (to use the common English names rather than the Hebrew names). There are additional books - Prophets (Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and The 12 Prophets) and Writings (Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Daniel, Ezra and Nehemiah, and Chronicles). That is it, plus the oral tradition,

If I were to speak with an Orthodox Jew (which I rarely do) and suggest to him that Romans was part of the "Orthodox Jewish Bible" he would probably whip me.

#34 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-18, 11:42

View Postmike777, on 2014-April-18, 00:11, said:

I have to ask what the hell is an uncorrupted book or letter and what standard of measurement do you use?

There are plenty of examples where the books and letters which make up the New Covenant have been altered. Just one example comes from Mark chapter 16. Biblical scholars are virtually unanimous in agreement that the original was torn off after verse 8 and then verses 9-20 were added in by someone else. The style of writing is inconsistent with the rest of Mark.

There is also plenty of evidence that the original names were deliberately changed in order to muddy who the original characters in the eye-witness accounts were. Jew and non-Jew alike need the uncorrupted books and letters to be released into the public domain by those who have them.

#35 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-19, 03:06

Get it from the Jews themselves, The Wonder of Eternal Life.

#36 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2014-April-19, 06:44

View Post32519, on 2014-April-19, 03:06, said:

Get it from the Jews themselves, The Wonder of Eternal Life.

Will you stop this crap? John J. Parsons, the author of this site, is not Jewish.

#37 User is online   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2014-April-19, 08:50

Hey...look what happens when one feeds the troll!

Fortunately, I don't read the troll's stuff, because I have him on ignore, but I get segments of what he wrote because some of his feeders quote him.

He is quite clearly deranged, so anyone hoping to see him change his mind when his errors are pointed out is wasting his or her time, folks.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#38 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2014-April-19, 10:03

View Postmikeh, on 2014-April-19, 08:50, said:

Hey...look what happens when one feeds the troll!

Fortunately, I don't read the troll's stuff, because I have him on ignore, but I get segments of what he wrote because some of his feeders quote him.

He is quite clearly deranged, so anyone hoping to see him change his mind when his errors are pointed out is wasting his or her time, folks.

I had him on ignore, but without me doing anything I now see his posts again, how do I actually make the ignore permanent ?

#39 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-April-19, 10:58

Maybe you can use Adblock :)
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#40 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2014-April-19, 11:42

View PostCyberyeti, on 2014-April-19, 10:03, said:

I had him on ignore, but without me doing anything I now see his posts again, how do I actually make the ignore permanent ?

You can tell K, and K will have him deported back to his home planet. B-)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users