Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

playing the 4 hands on BBO

#1 User is offline   mathomas57 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-12, 20:53

I often play the 4 hands you can play when first going to the site (before you log-0n) I have found that the robots play horribly! My robot trumps my good tricks and when pulling trump, play the ace from one hand and the king or queeen from the other instead of playing low in one hand. I just wondered if anyone else finds this to be true. They also don't support my bid after I bid it once and then when I repeat my bid because I have 6 trumps and 18 or 19 points, they jumped to game with as few as 3 or 4 points.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-13, 12:31

The bots in the free web games are the same basic bots you can rent for $1/week in the Main Bridge Club. If you want higher quality play, rent the advanced bots ($1/day) or play in robot tournaments.

We plan on upgrading the bots in the next few days, this should improve both classes of bots.

#3 User is offline   mathomas57 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-13, 18:42

View Postmathomas57, on 2014-March-12, 20:53, said:

I often play the 4 hands you can play when first going to the site (before you log-0n) I have found that the robots play horribly! My robot trumps my good tricks and when pulling trump, play the ace from one hand and the king or queeen from the other instead of playing low in one hand. I just wondered if anyone else finds this to be true. They also don't support my bid after I bid it once and then when I repeat my bid because I have 6 trumps and 18 or 19 points, they jumped to game with as few as 3 or 4 points.

Why was my post moved off the forum?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-14, 10:15

View Postmathomas57, on 2014-March-13, 18:42, said:

Why was my post moved off the forum?

You posted in General Bridge Discussion, which is intended for discussion of bridge issues not specific to BBO. This thread is only about BBO, so I moved it to the BBO-specific area of the forums. What's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users