Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More connection problems

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2014-February-06, 01:09

Hi all

The last few days the only part of BBO I've been able to connect to is the old Windows client. The web version, the app and even BBO forums (until now) have all been unresponsive.

Could this be down to my current location? I've recently moved to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. It worked OK for the first few weeks.

Even Help Me Find A Game hasn't been working properly of late.

#2 User is offline   Impomea 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-February-06, 04:10

Hi, it seems to be a problem for your location... I didn't have any problems with both versions... but I am sorry, dont know how to help u :( ... hope your problem will be solved soon :)

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-February-06, 10:56

We have our servers spread across different hosting services. The back-end servers that the old client uses for most of its activity are on one ISP, while our web servers are hosted by a different ISP. It sounds like that second ISP doesn't have as good connectivity to Mongolia.

There's not much we can do about things like this. All our servers are in the US, and sometimes connectivity to remote countries can be iffy.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users