BBO Discussion Forums: An Even More Symmetric Relay System - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Even More Symmetric Relay System Chung's Hypersymmetric Ask Or Show (CHAOS)

#1 User is offline   andytheend 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:system design

Posted 2014-January-24, 04:53

I like this system much more than precision or MOSCITO...mainly for the beauty (and of course the power as well)
I want to play this with more people but I never get enough chance.
A BBO cc is also constructed and placed as my favourite cc on BBO.
If you are interested in it, please try it with your partner and give me feedback.
You may also try it with me if you see me on BBO (give me a chat msg to indicate this first).

Chung's Hypersymmetric Ask Or Show (CHAOS)
CHAOS is invented in 2012, based on the ideas of null-opening 1 and step counting relay.
It is a very memory-efficient and chance-efficient relay system.
It requires very few "true memory" owing to its symmetric and deductive relay structure.
It maximizes the chance that an exact shape relay can be completed by "supplying" points to the (re-)opener during relay.

1=15+ waiting null-opening (responses similar to openings below with point range shifted, 1 and 1NT swapped)
Openings below listed from high to low priority:

1=11+ 5+s(or 4s,0-4s with singleton/void)
1=11+ 5+s
1= 9-14 4s(or 3s with singleton/void)
2=11-14 6+s or 5+s;5+s
2=11-14 6+s with singleton/void or preempt
1NT=11-14 bal (catch all)
Step 1 responses of the openings are relay initiators, but as exceptions, step 2 responses are used for 1 and 1NT.
The reason is non-forcing 1NT to 1 and puppet 2 to 1NT provide good partial contract stops.

Download System Detail (.xlsx) (Refer to the [Tree] sheet)

#2 User is offline   bgm 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-28, 08:15

Bump B-)

You may find me if you have time.

#3 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-28, 09:02

So with 5-4 minors you open 1NT unless 15+ or 3-1-(54) which open 1 spade? I'm mostly thinking about 1-3-(54). Also is 1red unlimited so 1C denies a 5 card major? With a 6+ minor and a 4 card major you open 1D or 1S, so 2m denies a 4 card major?

It seems like a playable system. Does the 1S opening work well?

#4 User is offline   andytheend 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-28, 10:04

Kungsgeten, on 2014-January-28, 09:02, said:

So with 5-4 minors you open 1NT unless 15+ or 3-1-(54) which open 1 spade? I'm mostly thinking about 1-3-(54). Also is 1red unlimited so 1C denies a 5 card major? With a 6+ minor and a 4 card major you open 1D or 1S, so 2m denies a 4 card major?

It seems like a playable system. Does the 1S opening work well?

Yes, with 1-3-(54) 1NT is opened (in fact more extremely, this 1NT includes 2-2-7-2 as well, this is coming from the issue of relay bidding space, in case that you want to preempt with long , you still can bid 2, but that brings you away from slams...).
1-red is unlimited with 1 still possibly holding 5+M. This splits hands with high power but good/bad as declaring side. Some strong hands AKQxxx xxx AKQ x just should not take the declarer, void hands can also be described clearly under 1-red open (as asking side, it is hard to bid own void suit without wasting bidding space). Declarer side controlling is one of the main consideration when I design this system. That's why the showing side is always using transfers/bidding shorts...
As the priority tells, 2m denies any 4+M.

This 1 is quite annoying to opponents according to my experience, and in fact the nature is similar to weak 1NT but safer (with 1-1N-2m signoffs). But it release a lot of load from the weak 1NT so that complete relays can still be done after these weak "bal" openings.

#5 User is offline   andytheend 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-28, 10:09

bgm, on 2014-January-28, 08:15, said:

Bump B-)

You may find me if you have time.

:rolleyes: I usually have time in night time or Sunday afternoons. You can choose a best time for you and give me a msg in FB.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users