BBO Discussion Forums: Going to a party when your ex is going to be there - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Going to a party when your ex is going to be there

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2013-October-25, 16:49

Here's the scenario.

You have a messy break-up with your now ex-girlfriend and decide you don't want to see her again, and it's quite mutual.

You're looking forward to going to a party this weekend. Unfortunately, the party is being hosted by a mutual friend, and you've now discovered that she's going as well.

Do you: a) Cry off. Unfortunately, the mutual friend will know exactly why.
b) Other.... please specify.

You were really looking forward to going.....

#2 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 17:04

Bring a hot date and rent a REALLY hot one with some acting chops if it's in the budget. Ex's don't care about you but they DO care about how they measure up to the next in line.

You can enjoy yourself while she is throwing up.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 17:15

I've had a couple of friends like these for about 7 years, its a ***** mess for all friends, always having to take care of your problem.

The solution to your problem is very easy, make sure your ex knows you are going no matter what and everything will be fixed in your favor

#4 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 18:28

obviously you should just go and have a good time unless you'll make things awkward for everyone, but out of curiosity why does it matter if your friend figures out why you arent going?

am i wrong that halloween is not very popular in england?
OK
bed

#5 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 18:59

First and foremost, you should do whichever you want. If your friend is a friend, you can choose to not go and tell him why, or you could tell him you are coming but you might not stay long, or whatever. Friends are supposed to understand. Don't make it his fault, just explain you would not enjoy it.

When I got my divorce many years back (in the 1970s) , mutual friends, a couple, had one of us for dinner on Friday, the other for dinner on Saturday, and told us both what he was doing. I really liked that.

The last thing that I would recommend is showmanship with some hot chick. It would make you look silly. No doubt you will be at common events from time to time and you will want to deal with that but on your own schedule and in your own way. If now is too soon, don't go. A party is something to be enjoyed, not something to be endured.

Good luck to you.
Ken

#6 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 21:39

From Desiderata

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

#7 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 23:23

Listen to Kenberg. He's a wise man.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users