BBO Discussion Forums: Client - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Client Login denied obsolete client

#1 User is offline   Xiaolongnu 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cats, playing and directing bridge, MSN, strategy games, fantasy RPGs, shooting games, adventure games, mathematics, google.

Posted 2012-May-28, 20:54

When is the next version of the Windows client coming up? I love the client and I hate the online version.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-May-29, 08:49

We stopped development of the Windows client years ago, there's no next version coming. When the message to Singaporeans says "new version", it means the web version.

#3 User is offline   000frogg 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-October-25, 07:20

barmar, on 2012-May-29, 08:49, said:

We stopped development of the Windows client years ago, there's no next version coming. When the message to Singaporeans says "new version", it means the web version.

The web-verion is totally useless, it sucks.
And if I register in web, I can't log in with this on the windows client. Neither can I register a new player on Wndows client. I get a message : "Obsolate client".

That way you will kill the BBO.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-October-26, 14:57

000frogg, on 2013-October-25, 07:20, said:

The web-verion is totally useless, it sucks.

The old client can't play some of the new types of games we've added in the past few years (like Bridge Bingo and Instant Tournaments), and can't play voice commentary at Vugraph and Teaching tables.

And if I register in web, I can't log in with this on the windows client. Neither can I register a new player on Wndows client. I get a message : "Obsolate client".

It doesn't matter which client you use to register. Accounts created since September 2012 are not allowed to login with the old client.

We're still allowing old users to login with the old client, because they're used to it. But we don't want any new ones.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users