Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Go Dufner!

#1 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-10, 09:13

Which one of these guys is leading the PGA Championship at Oak Hill by 2 shots with 36 holes to play?

Posted Image
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-August-10, 17:10

Clutch saves there by Furyk and Dufner on 18 today. Looks like another exciting final round of golf coming our way water cooler golf fans!
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#3 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-10, 17:23

Could we be about to see the first male Swedish major winner ?

#4 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-August-11, 07:41

If Stenson can post another sub par final round like he did at Muirfield, he will be hard to beat. Looks like he does not have to worry about Mickelson lighting it up on the back nine today. Will be fun to watch him and Blixt playing together in the penultimate group this afternoon.

From Yahoo Eurosport:

Stenson arrived in Rochester riding a wave of momentum having posted runner-up finishes in his last two starts, the British Open and WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and has used that strong form to carry him up the PGA leaderboard.

The 37-year-old has two US Tour wins but they are two of the circuit's elite events, the Players Championship, widely considered the unofficial fifth Major, and the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.

Despite an impressive resume and superb form, Stenson's career has not always been on such an upward arc.

His highs have been offset my crushing lows as he battled depression and consider quitting the sport.

It was during one of those low periods that Stenson found himself playing for club honours instead of battling for a Major title as he will on Sunday.

"I was up in contention there, as well," laughed Stenson. "I didn't win.

"I was playing at my home course and I was not in a good period with my golf.

"I was not playing great and I ended up finishing second a shot back. So I guess it's not something that will stand out as a highlight on my C.V.

"But it's nice to be here. I think I should be at the Majors, rather than my club championship."

While others faltered in difficult scoring conditions during Saturday's third round, Stenson continued his consistent play carding one-under 69 to join Furyk as the only players to break par in all three rounds.

"It's more fun to show up at the races with a good gear box and a good set of tires," said Stenson. "I'm working hard, getting closer to where I want to be and playing some good golf again. Yeah, we are a good ways in that direction, for sure."

Blixt's resume also includes two US Tour wins, including this season's Greenbrier Classic.

The 29-year-old Swede has found the Oak Hill layout to his liking, producing three solid rounds including one of Saturday's best, a four-under 66 to sit alone in fourth just behind Stenson.

"That would be huge. I mean, it's a very small country," said Blixt, when asked what it would mean to win a Major championship. "There's a lot of golfers from there. You set up your goals high and that's a very high goal for both me and Henrik.

#5 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-August-11, 15:43

Stenson's eagle putt stops one turn short of dying into the high side of the hole on 13. Birdie there gets him to 9 under, 2 back of Dufner, even with Furyk, with 5 holes to go. Blixt also birdies to go 7 under. Steady stuff by all 4 of these guys.

#6 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-11, 17:15

Well much the best man won, congratulations to Jason Dufner.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users