• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2013-July-30, 08:27

Lead KC tricks = 4

OT same auction, lead, tricks = 5

-2imps
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#2 User is online   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2013-July-30, 09:07

I'm not sure why the hand is posted (I am not criticizing, merely confessing my uncertainty). However, there are some useful points here.

1. N can and should continue with the club 10 at trick 2 to make sure S knows that the clubs don't need leading through. This will help S make a better decision when in with the diamond K, tho N won't foresee the exact details. Compare this to KQJ9...now S has to at some point lead that 3rd club, but N can see that he'd far rather get spades led on the actual hand.

2. S has a bit of a guess when in with the diamond K, precisely because he doesn't know that N's clubs are solid. However, there cannot be any rush to lead clubs, since S has diamonds controlled and the A of hearts, plus the spade Q. I'd suggest a spade switch here, but that would be a heck of a lot easier had N played the club 10 at trick 2.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2013-July-30, 09:11

View Postmikeh, on 2013-July-30, 09:07, said:

I'm not sure why the hand is posted (I am not criticizing, merely confessing my uncertainty). However, there are some useful points here.

There were comments questioning why JEC hands were no longer being posted for discussion. I have dutifully just finished posting the 28 hands. :) I appreciate being able to play these games and I'm happy to post the hands if that's what people want.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is online   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2013-July-30, 09:18

View Postjillybean, on 2013-July-30, 09:11, said:

There were comments questioning why JEC hands were no longer being posted for discussion. I have dutifully just finished posting the 28 hands. :) I appreciate being able to play these games and I'm happy to post the hands if that's what people want.

Ok....I saw some interesting points on the 1st boards I looked at and hadn't realized that you were acting as recording secretary for the team as opposed to posting only boards where comments were being invited about the results! I, for one, appreciate your efforts..thanks
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#5 User is offline   c_corgi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-July-30, 09:30

View Postmikeh, on 2013-July-30, 09:18, said:

... I, for one, appreciate your efforts..thanks

Me too. A technical point about in which order a defender plays low spot cards may be the major talking point about a hand. It is difficult to anticipate which hands will create such interest. The format of one hand per thread is cumbersome, but alternatives have their own disadvantages and I doubt there is a good solution.

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-July-30, 10:14

View Postjillybean, on 2013-July-30, 09:11, said:

Well I certainly didn't expect all 28 boards being posted :) Sorry if you felt compelled to post each and every board - but maybe all were equally exciting from your POV lol

Thank you for posting. I missed these discussions, as I mentioned in the JEC match thread.

#7 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2013-July-30, 10:33

View Postdiana_eva, on 2013-July-30, 10:14, said:

SNIP - but maybe all were equally exciting from your POV lol

Never a dull board, every hand I play is exciting, especially against these opponents.
(still learning)

#8 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-30, 18:50

View Postjillybean, on 2013-July-30, 10:33, said:

Never a dull board, every hand I play is exciting, especially against these opponents.

:)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users