Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating bridge movies Some problems

#1 User is offline   bridgeboy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2005-January-12, 07:50

I am trying out using the 'movie' feature on BBO to annotate some hands I play and send them for reviews. However I think I run into some problems.. think may need some professional guidance :)

1. Sometimes after I add in my annotation, the play of the hand changes completely, especially the opening lead. Also the names of the players also seems to change direction. Not sure what I did here.

2. If I happen to click on a particular bid in the auction in the 'annotate' mode, I am not able to view the play correctly as in I can no longer see the cards played, just them 'disappearing '. There is also a further problem where the play changes completely

3. If I want to collect say 4 to 5 different hands and put them in one movie (something like a team scores) , how do I do it starting with the 4 or 5 indiviual files?

Did I inadvertently misclick anything or inserted an annotation at the wrong point?

Thanks all... :)

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2005-January-12, 09:11

Bridge movies are actually fairly easy to deal with once you get the hang of it.

Let me start off with a question. Are you using some tool, like lin converter to change the hands (say pbn hands) before you load into the movie editor? ARe you loading PBN hands directly?

The easiest way to add hands is with notepad, and cut and paste hands in. There is a standard format to lin files that is not hard to learn, and that is fairly intuitive. Someone could explain it to you (and some post here have already given the basics), but going and playing with it yourself in notepad is a nice way to learn. keep a backup copy of the file you want to mess with so if you really screw things up, you can copy it again and start over.

I recommend you open a lin file in notepad, take a look at some of the hands, and then see how they work.

Ben

Below are some links to where lin file format has been discussed in general in these forrums...
http://forums.bridgebase.com/ind...findpost&p=4848

http://forums.bridgebase.com/ind...findpost&p=4878

http://bridgebase.lunarpages.com/~bridge2/...=ST&f=25&t=2233

http://forums.bridgebase.com/ind...indpost&p=17059
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   bridgeboy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2005-January-12, 09:49

Hi.. I agree the movie files are useful.

This is what I do:

From BBO main screen.

I click on 'movie' and open a file that i played or saved from 'myhands'

Then I view the play till where I want to add some comments in.. Click on 'annotate' and add in the stuff.

It works ok on the whole but there are some minor problems as stated above..

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2005-January-12, 17:59

The problem is when you load a file into movie field and try to annonate it, it will assume it is board number 1. That means, that north is the dealer, that no one is vulnerable. So first bid is assumed made by north. So if you load a board #11, the first bid (or pass) will be by the wrong hand.. .as south's initial bid or pass will be credited to north.

This also translates to wrong hand being on lead, and wrong card being played. If you always load files that start with board one, you will have no problems. Best seems to learn how to annotate them using notepad.... it is not hard.

Ben
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users