Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrong Claims/Concessions

#1 User is offline   govind 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-June-20, 23:13

BBO asks both defenders about acceptance of a claim made by declarer. If the claim is not accepted by anyone of the defenders, claim is cancelled and the play continues.
I notice that there is no redress for wrong concession by a defender and accepted by the declarer. The other defender has no way to object to the wrong concession. The other day when I called TD about a wrong concession, he said that he cannot do anything about it. No adjustment possible by TD in the software? Why can't Laws 68-70 be implemented properly in BBO software?

#2 User is offline   JoeCritter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-June-24, 15:03

View Postgovind, on 2013-June-20, 23:13, said:

BBO asks both defenders about acceptance of a claim made by declarer. If the claim is not accepted by anyone of the defenders, claim is cancelled and the play continues.
I notice that there is no redress for wrong concession by a defender and accepted by the declarer. The other defender has no way to object to the wrong concession. The other day when I called TD about a wrong concession, he said that he cannot do anything about it. No adjustment possible by TD in the software? Why can't Laws 68-70 be implemented properly in BBO software?

I'm surprised that can't be done as an adjustment after the fact. They can adjust unplayed hands, so I'm going to guess this was TD error.

Even if it isn't implemented such that the other opponent can object to the claim, it has to be adjustable if and when the laws require an adjustment. Software implements the rules, it doesn't determine them. And that's not just in Bridge. Many people forget that when they are told the computers are down, or "the system won't me" do something.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users