BBO Discussion Forums: set dealer and vulnerability for Deal Source - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

set dealer and vulnerability for Deal Source

#1 User is offline   mgiurgeu 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-May-14, 16:54

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to set the dealer and the vulnerability when entering input for the Dealer program in the Deal Source.

Say I want to practice responses to Capelleti at a bidding table. I want East to always be the dealer and open 1NT. I know how to generate hands for the opener, overcaller, responder and advancer. I just can't get BBO to keep East as the dealer. I tried using the "dealer East" command, but BBO seems to ignore it. The same for the 'vulnerability' command.

Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-15, 01:41

I don't think you can set vulnerability, but you can select who you want as dealer under the General tab. This will result in you only playing hands 2, 6, 10, 14, etc., but it will also generate hands according to the dealer script you enter under the Advanced tab.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-15, 01:50

My experience is the same as sfi's, you can control the dealer but not the vulnerability. This blog post explains how I do this, including how to get either opponent to open and still have the desired hand sitting over them.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users