BBO Discussion Forums: Doubling - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doubling Robots have trouble responding to doubles!

#1 User is offline   sloan_5 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-May-30, 04:02

I've raised this on a robot deal report and also in an email to support, but has anyone else noticed that bots have serious trouble responding to doubles? I've given up on penalty doubles as they almost always take them out (very frustrating when opps are not vulnerable) BUT the cap is when I double and it's given the automatic description of a takeout double and then the robot leaves it in....

guaranteed hideous score...

sloan

#2 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-30, 22:35

View Postsloan_5, on 2013-May-30, 04:02, said:

I've raised this on a robot deal report and also in an email to support, but has anyone else noticed that bots have serious trouble responding to doubles? I've given up on penalty doubles as they almost always take them out (very frustrating when opps are not vulnerable) BUT the cap is when I double and it's given the automatic description of a takeout double and then the robot leaves it in....

guaranteed hideous score...

sloan

GIB is seriously pathetic in response to a takeout double of two level preempt, all opponents need to do raise to 3 and it won't act even with 5+of the other major and 8 HCP. Rediculous number of straight takeout double points but silly straight penalty bids like 1H,-,1NT,(2C/2D/2S),X- Double should be just strength since the 1 NT is so nebulous.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users