• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breaking the rules

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-March-13, 01:28

I would not DBL or bid 4 with this hand. However my ideas are similar to Justin and Andy when it comes to this situation. To me, opening a weak 2 does not mean i am done for the rest of the hand, but i admit these are not frequent actions. This hand does not fit in it.

PhilKing summed it all, when he said there was nobody who advocated 4 and that this should tell you something (I am not a forum veteran but i know from my own experience that this is a rare situation in BBF). Han pointed (or implied) that this hand would not make its way to forums if bidding 4 was not a winning bid for this particular deal. Which i can not agree more. It is like one of those movies, when it starts you know exactly how it will continue and the good guy will die at the end.

By all this, however, i did not mean to say that it was a bad movie. I find "your turn to bid" topics like this, even when they are very predictable, much more enjoyable than some of the other topics where the title starts with a convention name and ends with "does it worth it ?" But this is a matter of taste, i have to admit there are a lot of members who loves that type of topics and i respect that. Not trying to say those other topics are bad, rather saying that they are not my cup of tea.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-March-13, 01:55

View PostJLOGIC, on 2013-March-11, 10:12, said:

lol, I am in the camp that it is ok to bid here sometimes (via X), but with so much defense and such a bad suit this does not appealto me at all

View Postmikeh, on 2013-March-11, 11:27, said:

Do you have that agreement in your partnership?

No offense, but we do live in different worlds. I would assume this agreement without discussion with any expert partner who isn't eligible for senior events.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#23 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-March-14, 15:36

View Postcherdano, on 2013-March-13, 01:55, said:

No offense, but we do live in different worlds. I would assume this agreement without discussion with any expert partner who isn't eligible for senior events.

When did you last meet an expert at a bridgeclub who wasn't eligible for senior events?
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#24 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2013-March-14, 16:52

View Posthan, on 2013-March-14, 15:36, said:

When did you last meet an expert at a bridgeclub who wasn't aligible for senior events?

Hey! I only just turned 60....until last month, when asked by friends to play with them in Senior's events, I had to explain that all I was eligible to do was caddy.

Even middle-aged players can become out of date, well before they become senileors
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#25 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2013-March-15, 02:17

View Posthan, on 2013-March-14, 15:36, said:

When did you last meet an expert at a bridgeclub who wasn't aligible for senior events?

Last time I walked into one, I'm 47 till tomorrow and a lot of the regular UK posters on these boards haven't got their bus passes yet.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users