• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Total Meltdown Tiger at Firestone

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2010-August-07, 10:45

On the course where he has been most dominant, Tiger Woods is currently in 78th place, ahead of only 2 other golfers in the field. His three rounds:

74 - 72 - 75
+11

Is it possible Tiger will catch David Duval instead of Jack Nicklaus?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2010-August-07, 14:13

All things are possible.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2010-August-08, 09:24

74-72-75-77
+18
Tied 78th

Weird and sad at the same time. He looks like he could use some Placek po wegiersku!
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#4 User is offline   bid_em_up 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-10, 08:45

Winstonm, on Aug 8 2010, 11:24 AM, said:

Placek po wegiersku!

= sex in Polish?
Is the word "pass" not in your vocabulary?
So many experts, not enough X cards.

#5 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-March-27, 19:41

View PostWinstonm, on 2010-August-07, 10:45, said:

Is it possible Tiger will catch David Duval instead of Jack Nicklaus?

Excerpt from Karen Crouse story last week:

Orlando, Florida — In the fall of 2011, golf’s peak cast a Mount Kilimanjaro-like shadow over Tiger Woods, who found himself in the deepest valley of his career.Roughly a year after losing his No. 1 world ranking to Lee Westwood, Woods had tumbled to No. 58, his downward momentum snowballing under the weight of injuries, a swing change and upheaval in his personal life.

The uphill climb from where he stood then to where he is now, with the summit in his reach, has been one of the most difficult, and satisfying, journeys of his life.

“To gradually work my way back, that’s something I’m proud of,” Woods said Wednesday.

Woods is back to making golf look effortless. After observing him on the course, Arnold Palmer said: “I think right now looking at him and watching him play, as I have recently, he looks probably as strong and as good from a golf perspective as I’ve ever seen him. I think his swing and his posture and his attitude is far better than it’s been in some time.”

Palmer said that he believed Woods could pass Nicklaus, but that he had little time to waste.

I suppose that every year it’s a little more fleeting,” Palmer said, “and he’ll have to really work hard to keep himself up and keep his mental attitude if he’s going to do it.”

Woods is comfortable with his pace.

I feel like I’m headed in the right direction,” he said. “I’m very pleased with where I’ve come from.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users