BBO Discussion Forums: Standard count in some situations when playing UDCA? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Standard count in some situations when playing UDCA?

#1 User is offline   akhare 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-18, 12:19

The Meckwell CC contains this curious footnote:

Note…18: Standard Count & Attitude are used in the following situations: Vs suits, if the opening lead shows the AK combination at trick 1 only. If after trick 1 the K is led and the Q is in dummy and defenders might have trump, that trick is standard (if the K holds the trick). Vs NT, If the opening lead shows the AK the signal is standard attitude (if logical). If lead is low from own long suit and dummy wins stiff A, K, or Q, signal on that trick is Standard attitude.

How do posters handle the situation if the opening lead is the Ace in an unsupported suit (ostensibly from AKXX) and dummy comes down with QXX(x)?

For the folks who play UDCA, do you play x from XXXx (assume it's possible that pard may have a doubleton).

Does standard count confer any advantage in this situation (when playing UDCA otherwise)?
foobar on BBO

#2 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-18, 12:48

If opening lead shows the AK and the Q is in dummy, I will signal count per our normal methods.

I shudder at the thought of trying to keep track of all the details and exceptions that Meckstroth and Rodwell do. They are full time pros, they can do it, for me no way.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#3 User is offline   Poky 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-24, 05:01

Attitude has priority over count. If I play small this means - "I have a doubleton, give me a ruff". If I play high it means I don't want to ruff the 3rd round of the suit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users