• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1C (1S)

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-31, 08:23

straube, on 2013-January-31, 07:46, said:

I always appreciate that you answer the specific question.

Actually, not to derail your discussion, but I have a question for you too. I keep going back and forth on where to put the GF 5332 hands. They can be put under either 2 (GF Balanced, current solution) or 3 (making this 54 or 5332, original solution). It could also be put in as a special case for 2, although I think this bid is probably loaded enough. What do you think?
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-31, 09:37

Zelandakh, on 2013-January-31, 08:23, said:

Actually, not to derail your discussion, but I have a question for you too. I keep going back and forth on where to put the GF 5332 hands. They can be put under either 2 (GF Balanced, current solution) or 3 (making this 54 or 5332, original solution). It could also be put in as a special case for 2, although I think this bid is probably loaded enough. What do you think?

That's a tough call. My first reaction was to put them in 3C. I'm not so worried about not having a 4th diamond as I am preempting opener when he has clubs. If I knew advancer would pass, I'd put them in with 2C for sure as you have ample room to sort this out. I think I'll stay with 3C.

Have you thought about switching 2C and 2D around? 2C as GI+ 4+ hearts then. 2D as GF bal or diamonds feels not too bad. Often opener will rebid hearts and you have fairly natural rebids (2S or 2N for the bal without 3 hearts and 3C minors and 3D diamonds for the other without 3 hearts).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users