• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Congatulations Andrew Robson.. MBE awarded

#41 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-04, 09:59

Cyberyeti, on 2013-January-04, 05:14, said:

Well it was if your club awarded master points, two clubs I used to play at didn't.

Yes, my understanding is that clubs which rarely held duplicate pairs but held other games are no longer permitted "direct" membership, and so cannot participate in the NICKO etc. This was a very poor decision.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#42 User is offline   Blue Uriah 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Girls, surfing, hot rods

Posted 2013-January-04, 10:09

Vampyr, on 2013-January-04, 09:59, said:

Yes, my understanding is that clubs which rarely held duplicate pairs but held other games are no longer permitted "direct" membership, and so cannot participate in the NICKO etc. This was a very poor decision.

Your understanding is wrong, and also an odd non-sequitur from the post you quoted.

#43 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-04, 18:12

Blue Uriah, on 2013-January-04, 10:09, said:

Your understanding is wrong, and also an odd non-sequitur from the post you quoted.

Yes, we could have joined, BUT would have had to participate in P2P and nobody was interested in doing the resulting admin. I believe the 3 8 board teams matches that we played on 2 tables rendered us ineligible for master points (not that we cared), and I'm not sure how the EBU would make use of the scores, not that they ever got put on a computer anyway.

I also don't know how the EBU would deal with sessions that got cancelled as they not infrequently did when we didn't have 8.

There was extensive dialog between our club and the EBU, and the EBU confirmed that basically we were stuffed.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users