BBO Discussion Forums: Disappointment in BBO tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disappointment in BBO tournaments

#1 User is offline   nilbes 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-December-09, 15:09

Hi everybody,

I love Bridge and I am a big fan of BBO recommending it to everybody I know :P
I like to play tournaments mostly because in the main bridge club you have the problem of players leaving the table (mostly in the middle of play) and you wait more than you play.
But lately tournaments have changed drastically. There are the ''$ tournaments'' to which I have absolutely nothing against , I even understand the necessety for them perfectly it's just that I personally can't afford them (which is actually my problem B) )

There were many other tournaments that I could enter but the last couple of weeks something has changed :rolleyes:

Tournaments : 1.restricted to private clubs 2. tournaments restricted to country(appear more and more) 3: tournaments restricted to language......

Bridge players all over the world; what are you doing???????

This beautifull game is universal........ If I wanted to play only with my countrymen I would go to my local clubs and I have 3 popular clubs in my city.

Bridge online like BBO is a place where you can meet people all over the world get to know their systems(cause people from the same country often tend to play the same systems) also make new friendships which is a very important factor in today's world where love and tolerance and understanding is growing less and less.

In short I would like to play in tournaments where I can meet people all over the world sharing the same passion and love for this immense game ;)

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-December-09, 15:14

Hi,

The BBO doesn't control the timing or restrictions of the free tournments. The TD host can decide,
  • open to all
  • open to all but his own enemeis
  • open to skill levels
  • open to single country
  • open to private club menmbers
  • etc
This is left to the individual who is running it to decide who can play, and what general rules must be followed (alert all bids, speak only French, no adjustements at all, no psyche's allowed, etC).

Lobby the TD you see to keep the tourneys open to all... or, be tricky and change your flag and play in country limited events (you didn't hear that suggestion from me).. hehehe...
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-December-09, 18:47

Hey Nilbes, I really agree with you, nothing I love more playing online than meeting people from all over the world, I think those TD are wrong, but they can do what they want, after all they are working for no money in reward, you don´t have to wait that much on main bridge club after you play and meet some friends, then you can fill a table with friends and play or hours on the best enviroment.

#4 User is offline   joker_gib 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-December-10, 03:20

Hello Nilbes !

Well I think that you wait (between rounds) much longer in tournaments than in the main bridge club !

The best is definitively team matches because players do not leave and you don't have to wait ! ;)
Alain

#5 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-December-10, 06:36

joker_gib, on Dec 10 2004, 10:20 PM, said:

Hello Nilbes !

Well I think that you wait (between rounds) much longer in tournaments than in the main bridge club !

The best is definitively team matches because players do not leave and you don't have to wait !  ;)

BIGGEST problem with team matches (WHEN I can play anyway) is MOST folks seem to be looking for "experts" --- I consider myself SOMEWHERE between "Intermediate" and "Advanced" ( AND that is a subject of another string for software questions) SO I don't feel at ALL Qualified to join "EXPERT" team games - although I believe teams (ESPECIALLY B A M ) is THE most challenging form of duplicate ;)

#6 User is offline   joker_gib 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-December-10, 09:12

bearmum, on Dec 10 2004, 07:36 AM, said:

joker_gib, on Dec 10 2004, 10:20 PM, said:

Hello Nilbes !

The best is definitively team matches because players do not leave and you don't have to wait !  ;)

BIGGEST problem with team matches (WHEN I can play anyway) is MOST folks seem to be looking for "experts" --- I consider myself SOMEWHERE between "Intermediate" and "Advanced" ( AND that is a subject of another string for software questions) SO I don't feel at ALL Qualified to join "EXPERT" team games - although I believe teams (ESPECIALLY B A M ) is THE most challenging form of duplicate ;)

Create the team game yourself and ask for "intermediates" or "advanced" ! ;)
Alain

#7 User is offline   Cowology 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-December-10, 15:13

joker_gib, on Dec 10 2004, 10:12 AM, said:

Create the team game yourself and ask for "intermediates" or "advanced" !  :D

Damn you and your logic! grrrrrrr :D

#8 User is offline   Gweny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2004-December-11, 20:10

B) giggle or even better please DO visit TD101 page, read it, write for permission to direct and start directing tournaments :-)

We can always use more good tds!
Gweny :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users