• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inverted Forcing Pass? I know, I need this like I need a hole in the head

#21 User is offline   antonylee 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-November-16, 15:54

Some clubs in the US get it done nicely too: http://www.quicktric...121112_391.html (usual club game)

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-November-25, 05:29

View Postantonylee, on 2012-November-16, 15:54, said:

Some clubs in the US get it done nicely too: http://www.quicktric...121112_391.html (usual club game)

Just looking at this now -- it's OK, but it lacks the ability to click on a pair and get their personal score.

I am curious; maybe someone in the US can answer this: why have a stratified game when it looks as if there are enough pairs to separate the flights?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2012-November-25, 13:20

I don't know enough about movements, strats etc to comment on that but one thing that happens here that I find bewildering is we have
a game running 2 sections (non duplicated boards) and the results are posted as section results and an overall result. I've never understood
how you can get an overall result when the 2 sections are playing different boards.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-25, 14:09

View Postjillybean, on 2012-November-25, 13:20, said:

I don't know enough about movements, strats etc to comment on that but one thing that happens here that I find bewildering is we have
a game running 2 sections (non duplicated boards) and the results are posted as section results and an overall result. I've never understood
how you can get an overall result when the 2 sections are playing different boards.

In the US you can even see "overall" winners from a 2-winner movement without arrow-switching.

I don't see any reason not to use duplicated boards for a game with two sections. Even if for some reason the club does not have a duplicating machine, it does not take too long to make up a couple of sets by hand, and you will still be able to give out hand records.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-25, 14:27

ACBLScore lets you do a lot of things that don't make any sense. :lol:
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#26 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-25, 15:55

View PostVampyr, on 2012-November-25, 05:29, said:

Just looking at this now -- it's OK, but it lacks the ability to click on a pair and get their personal score.

I am curious; maybe someone in the US can answer this: why have a stratified game when it looks as if there are enough pairs to separate the flights?

I learned to play in the US. When I was a beginner, I loved the stratified pairs. You got to play with the big guys and you still had an idea how you were doing compared to those with similar masterpoint holdings. I don't know how the A-players felt (or how I would feel right now), but I liked stratified pairs much better than flighted pairs.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#27 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2018-October-07, 03:26

Very nice and smart presentation usefull for subsequent other studies about hand, shape and biddings and play of the hand (by players with high profile). I've watched something of that about scores in English clubs (such at Deva Club when i searching Peter Hall) and strongly suggest at BBO to adopt it.(Lovera)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users