BBO Discussion Forums: During a tourney few people waste 15 sec at each game to win 50% - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

During a tourney few people waste 15 sec at each game to win 50% when a game isn’t finish “BBO” give often the average 50% at each game

#1 User is offline   erictote 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-11, 09:08

I propose to avoid this problem, to change a little bit the principle of "waiting time" when a person must play (this proposition is done only for a Tourney).
For example:
1st time 15sec to play
2nd time 11sec
3rd time 7sec
This is to play the game normally and to allow at each player to have the good % of points

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-11, 10:49

I assume you're talking about Express Automated Fun tourneys, since they're the only ones with such short timeouts.

Some players already find the 30 second time limit for each play to be too onerous. Reducing it just because they once took a little longer to play seems very drastic.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-March-11, 14:47

ive seen this problem. where one side has gotten too high and is virtually guaranteed a 0%. they then continue bidding taking 50 seconds each time until they get to 7N which they redouble.

if the bidding hasn't finished by the time the round ends everyone will get 50%. Also if only a few tricks have been played too I think.

is unfair but can only occur in the express tourney
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users