• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Mobile for Android Request

#1 User is offline   greenglue 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-November-06, 06:02

Hello!

I really enjoy the BBO Mobile on my Android phone and tablet, but have an important suggestion to make.
Would it be possible to make the chat window a lot smaller? Or even click a
button for chat in a new window? Because now it takes up a lot of screen
space and there is less space to play the game as well as harder to see the
scores and cards.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-November-06, 08:48

I am glad you like our app.

Unfortunately your (very reasonable) suggestion would be extremely difficult to implement. The reason has to do with the fact that the app is designed to work on dozens of different devices and these devices have a variety of screen resolutions and screen aspect ratios.

Unless you either have some programming or design experience in this area then you might have to take my word for this: writing graphically intensive software that makes best use of available screen space regardless of how much screen space is available and regardless of the aspect ratio of the screen in question takes a lot of work, both by designers and programmers, and a lot of skill (some of which I, the relevant programmer, lack).

It is possible that we might find a way to better address this issue in some future version, but I don't suggest you hold your breath waiting for this to happen (sorry). In the mean time you might want to try putting your tablet or phone in landscape orientation (ie sideways) and selecting the "wide view" option (click the button that looks like a gear in order to set this and other options).

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you at this point in time. Hopefully the "wide view" thing will help to some extent.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#3 User is offline   greenglue 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-November-09, 16:36

View Postfred, on 2012-November-06, 08:48, said:

I am glad you like our app.

Unfortunately your (very reasonable) suggestion would be extremely difficult to implement. The reason has to do with the fact that the app is designed to work on dozens of different devices and these devices have a variety of screen resolutions and screen aspect ratios.

Unless you either have some programming or design experience in this area then you might have to take my word for this: writing graphically intensive software that makes best use of available screen space regardless of how much screen space is available and regardless of the aspect ratio of the screen in question takes a lot of work, both by designers and programmers, and a lot of skill (some of which I, the relevant programmer, lack).

It is possible that we might find a way to better address this issue in some future version, but I don't suggest you hold your breath waiting for this to happen (sorry). In the mean time you might want to try putting your tablet or phone in landscape orientation (ie sideways) and selecting the "wide view" option (click the button that looks like a gear in order to set this and other options).

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you at this point in time. Hopefully the "wide view" thing will help to some extent.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Hi Fred,
I do have experience programming in Android somewhat and wouldn't it be possible using DP (density pixels) I believe? Just set the width of the chat window and height of it to a certain DP ratio and it'll adjust accordingly per screen. That way a button of sortas can be implemented so that the game is 'full screen'.

I will try the wide view thing though soon.

Thanks!
Michael

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users