• You cannot reply to this topic

another help for me 5°Major diamond 4°

#1 User is offline   deep 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-September-30, 01:57

5°Major diamond 4°

Is better for South bid Double or 2?
Ty very much at all for help me for my test.

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-September-30, 03:11

View Postdeep, on 2012-September-30, 01:57, said:

5°Major diamond 4°

Is better for South bid Double or 2?
Ty very much at all for help me for my test.

One thing about the 2/1 overcalls is to avoid it as much as you can with 5332 shape. It usually promises 6 card suit but there are also a lot of hands where we can with only 5 card suit. Such as if you are too strong to pass, or have a decent suit that you can't possibly live with yourself if you dont show it etc etc. But usually they are unbalanced hands.

I would personally never overcall 2 with this. Pass or DBL are your options and my personal choice is DBL but i would much prefer pass if i had to choose between pass and 2. You have 3 aces which is very good, you have more defense than most average take out doubles do, you have 3+ card in each unbid suits and your hearts looks like 4 card heart much more than 6 card heart or a decent 5 card heart for overcall.

As you can read in another topic named "how light should i raise pds 2 level overcall" or something like that, that all good players raise with 3 card support and as little as 5 hcp. Which imo is mandatory. Had they known their pd can make a 2/1 overcall with a hand like that i am sure they wouldnt want to raise as often as they do or they should. This is not the hand your pd expects when you make a 2/1 overcall.

However, my own experience taught me over the years that, the hands that you shouldn't make a 2/1 overcall, SHOULD do it over a weak 2. steaks are totally different and the chances of being shut down is extremely high. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but with your hand in this topic, i would % 100 overcall 2 over weak 2

But those are all my personal opinions.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users