Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF: View New Content a feature request

#1 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-December-24, 09:00

It would be really nice to have "View New Content" link with filtering options, or just a "View New Content" link specific to "Bridge-Related discussions".
With the international language forums, the law forums, and the BBO forums, by now the majority of new content is in forums that I don't want to bother reading, making the "View New Content" link pretty much useless.

I know that a forum software upgrade can be tricky business, but when considering the next upgrade, this is the single most important feature to look for IMO.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-24, 10:31

Alternatively (or additionally), it would be great to have a check-box next to each thread shown in "View New Content" and and option (next to "mark all as read") for "mark all checked as read", just like I can check the box and remove all my spam email at once without opening them.

#3 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-24, 13:55

View Postcherdano, on 2012-December-24, 09:00, said:

It would be really nice to have "View New Content" link with filtering options, or just a "View New Content" link specific to "Bridge-Related discussions".
With the international language forums, the law forums, and the BBO forums, by now the majority of new content is in forums that I don't want to bother reading, making the "View New Content" link pretty much useless.

I know that a forum software upgrade can be tricky business, but when considering the next upgrade, this is the single most important feature to look for IMO.

请教防守叫牌相关

#4 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-24, 15:40

View PostJLOGIC, on 2012-December-24, 13:55, said:

请教防守叫牌相关

Really?
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-December-24, 18:49

I believe they've made lots of improvements in the personal content feature of the software in the new version.

#6 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2013-January-05, 09:11

Alle Jahre wieder... http://www.bridgebas...414#entry682414

View Postbarmar, on 2012-December-24, 18:49, said:

I believe they've made lots of improvements in the personal content feature of the software in the new version.

Do you mean "new version" as in what's running here now or some version you plan to upgrade to in the future?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-January-06, 01:38

View Postmgoetze, on 2013-January-05, 09:11, said:

Do you mean "new version" as in what's running here now or some version you plan to upgrade to in the future?

The future.

We're currently running 3.1.4 (you can see the version number at the bottom right corner of the screen). The latest version from the vendor is 3.4.1.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users