• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VENT---BAD BAD DIRECTORS GAH!

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-02, 05:06

They have a ZT polica here too but it is policed quite softly. I am sure you are right about the type of penalty - I had not realised you were separating them. As for a PP for passing UI, I agree completely. Another pair at the local club, one of them starts audibly talking to herself any time she has a few values. Last time she did it her partner pre-balanced 3 with a 3334 hand after having opened opening 1NT. Not a word from partner or myself; as you say, what is the point. It is not as if this pair have much idea of what they are doing.
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-August-02, 09:39

View PostJLOGIC, on 2012-August-02, 04:00, said:

Is this considered a procedural penalty?

I'd consider it a disciplinary penalty.

Bad behavior like this is certainly different from more typical breaches of the laws. Club directors SHOULD give out DP's for the same reason they DON'T give out PP's -- it makes things pleasant for the club as a whole. If the recipients of a DP stop coming back, it's usually "good riddance", unless the club is really struggling for members.

#23 User is offline   shintaro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-03, 03:42

View PostZelandakh, on 2012-August-02, 05:06, said:

They have a ZT polica here too but it is policed quite softly.

You quite sure Z :rolleyes:

#24 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-03, 09:51

Behaviour that is bad enough, and consistent enough, to give out a 2-board DP should also involve an uninvite.

I'd probably treat this as a half-team DQ; either at the end of the game, or if possible at the time of the penalty, show the offender to the door, suggest that he find another club until he can play civilly, and ensure that any masterpoints or other effects of his score are nullified for him. Partner, unless she is complicit, can keep what she got. If I have to finish the game in place of the removed player, so be it. This ruling might not be legal (the contestant is the pair, not the player), but I bet nobody in the club would call me on it.

And I'd have the police on speed dial (preferably having another player ready to call) before I made that ruling.

I'm lucky I have never had to bar anyone from any of my games for conduct; the one or two times it has happened, the club owner did the removal.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users