Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LHO has major penalty card ACBL

#1 User is offline   dickiegera 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-July-22, 07:28

Question: I as declarer playing a 4 contract and on the lead of a from the dummy win the trick
except for the fact LHO ruffs the trick. Immediately LHO corrects the revoke by playing a .

Must I wait till RHO obtains the lead before any options are available to me or can I now request LHO
to lead the exposed trump card?

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-July-22, 08:58

If LHO gains the lead, he must lead the penalty card. If RHO gains the lead, declarer has options regarding what RHO may lead. If neither of them is on lead, declarer must lead from whichever hand (declarer or dummy) is on lead.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   campboy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-22, 10:49

You should call the director straight away. Opponents are entitled to know about all the implications of the penalty card and it may affect how they play, for example RHO may choose not to win a trick immediately in order to avoid a lead penalty. If there is no TD then you should ensure that both pairs know what penalties apply before continuing.

To answer the question you asked: no you can't tell your LHO to lead his trump, because it is not his lead.

#4 User is offline   iviehoff 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-23, 06:30

View Postcampboy, on 2012-July-22, 10:49, said:

You should call the director straight away. Opponents are entitled to know about all the implications of the penalty card and it may affect how they play, for example RHO may choose not to win a trick immediately in order to avoid a lead penalty.

Indeed, if you don't call the director immediately at this point, the director may subsequently deny you the advantage of the lead penalties, on the grounds that the opposition were disadvantages by not being pre-warned of them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users