BBF vs. JEC #15 and #16 Weekend Extravaganza

#21 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-July-01, 04:00

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-30, 16:01, said:

Did not happen.

I've just been through the boards, and I think we chucked about 64 IMPs at our table. So Frances and Graham won by 14.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#22 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 04:47

Bed time...no sign of joe but jdonn went to bed like 3 hours ago. Standard.

#23 User is offline   psyck 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Reading, Music, Travelling, Movies.

Posted 2012-July-01, 07:43

Too bad about the timing of this match, no chance of getting the footer game postponed I suppose :)
Cheers, Krishna.

#24 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 11:37

Aight, time is coming up !

Old Trafford stadium is full. No tickets left ! Manchaster United (JEC team) is known for not losing easily in their hometown! And their specs are fanatic! And they have famous Italian players too (freaking Italians are good at everything)

BBO fans will be minority among kibs, but ya all can bet your @$$es that Timo will make more noise among kibs than Manchaster United fans cheering for our high school drops!

Go get em guys B-)
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#25 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 11:54

JEC-Seamon
Junior-Miriamv
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#26 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 13:27

Kfay and I am starting to get nervous, board 16 is being played now and we are behind 42-18 . And only big board we had so far is a slam with AQ of trumps out making.

Lets see if things will change, we just picked 9 imps while i am typing this.

#27 User is offline   lalldonn 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 13:37

So far, fml...
"What's the big rebid problem? After 1♦ - 1♠, I can rebid 1NT, 2♠, or 2♦."
- billw55

#28 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 13:44

Not happening, i am afraid i will have to bring our A team next week.

Lurpoa warm up !!

#29 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2012-July-01, 14:02

sry people

#30 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 14:05

View PostJLOGIC, on 2012-July-01, 14:02, said:

sry people

Np bro, you know all this putting pressure on you guys were just to create some excitement, nothing more.

#31 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2012-July-01, 14:13

View PostMrAce, on 2012-July-01, 14:05, said:

Np bro, you know all this putting pressure on you guys were just to create some excitement, nothing more.

Not really i really wanted to win lol

#32 User is offline   lalldonn 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 14:31

I went down in 3 vul games I could/should have made. A queen guess, and two just misreading the hand overall. Also they made slam on us off 2 keycards but we did it first off AQxx of trumps. Their biggest lucksack was 1NT p 3NT with an easy heart game in the 9 card fit and declarer Jx of spades dummy KT, but our guys didn't have a natural spade lead and then he guessed hearts (ATxxx Jxxx) to make.
"What's the big rebid problem? After 1♦ - 1♠, I can rebid 1NT, 2♠, or 2♦."
- billw55

#33 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2012-July-01, 15:29

I was awesome :P

#34 User is offline   JLOGIC 

Posted 2012-July-01, 15:54

I set the o/u on how many boards ahead of them we finished at 9.5. I think it was 8.5, but I feel like we ran bad that jec tanked a few times and also joe attempting to needle with his chat is different online since it takes him 1 minute to type, for instance, "I c u guys keep it close to the vest !" when declaring a partial with 10 opp 4.

#35 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 02:06

Bad luck guys. Despite the previous post I am very confident that Team BBF will win a match really soon if we can put out teams of this quality. I think all the players that step up and do these matches are awesome (not only Justin). They are a great addition here and I hope they continue for some time to come.
(-: Zel :-)

#36 User is offline   psyck 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Reading, Music, Travelling, Movies.

Posted 2012-July-02, 06:15

I was wholeheartedly rooting for the BBF over the weekend...well except while watching footer. BBF appears to have a bright future, good show Timo & all the others involved.
Cheers, Krishna.

#37 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 06:51

View Postpsyck, on 2012-July-02, 06:15, said:

BBF appears to have a bright future, good show Timo & all the others involved.

Yeah, those who played on Sunday, if they keep playing and improving like this, they might really win something one day!
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#38 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 06:52

I was wholeheartedly rooting for the BBF over the weekend...well except while watching footer. BBF appears to have a bright future, good show Timo & all the others involved.

Yeah, all those who played on Sunday are still young, if they keep playing and improving like this, they might really win something one day!
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#39 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-02, 08:41

BBF appears to have a bright future, good show Timo & all the others involved.

This show totally belongs to Mgoetze, and without his help these JEC matches would have either gone dead for us or would have to have a long break.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users