BBO Discussion Forums: The Ad In the Corner of the Main Window - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ad In the Corner of the Main Window

#1 User is offline   AAr 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-May-14, 13:28

Using the regular version of BBO, in the main screen, there is, in addition to the news icon, an ad icon that shows verious bridge-related ads (like that cruise and BBO updates and the like.

I have no problems whatsoever with the news icon and menus. But I do have one with that ad thing in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Usually, it requires a load from Internet Explorer, which takes three minutes to load, while AOL and BBO both going to "Program Not Responding" until that window has completely finished loading. Some of the news windows do to, but I do like that icon and will click on the thing if it seems interesting enough.

But, that ad icon, I often click on it accidentally. Even if clicked on accidentally, it still takes three minutes to load, with AOL and BBO both vertually unusuable (and the rest of the computer severly slowed down) until that window is done loading. And, I don't find most of the things from that ad icon that intersting, but I click on it by accident often. I don't like having my computer freeze up for three minutes waiting to load a window I didn't intend to load.

I know I'm being picky, but it too much to ask to replace that ad icon to a larger "BBO News Icon", which just pops up a menu that takes 15 seconds to load as opposed to (usually) a IE window that takes 3 minutes to load, and shows the news and advertisements that I could click on that could be an interest to me. Failing that, I'll settle for a changing ad screen like it is now, but just have the BBO News menu pop up, instead of an IE window for that particular ad, if I would click on it. I am just tired of having my computer freeze up for three minutes for an accidental click.

Sorry about the pickiness and thanks.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-14, 13:39

I'm using online BBO, in IE8, with Windows XP. I see the banner ad along the left side (rotates Eddie Kantar, cruise, regional tournaments, etc). I see no ad on the right side. In my upper right corner is my screenname, which brings up my profile if I click on it. You have more ads than just the left banner?

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-May-14, 13:40

Yes, he's talking about the downloadable version. On that version news and ads pop-up in IE by default when clicked, even if user has a different default browser. This seems to cause his computer to freeze - but i'm not sure how he can fix it.

Aar, I think if you clear your browser's cache memory (for Internet Explorer) it may help:
http://www.wikihow.c...owser%27s-Cache

I hope Barry or one of the other programmers knows more about this subject.

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2012-May-14, 13:47

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-14, 13:45

View PostAAr, on 2012-May-14, 13:28, said:

Using the regular version of BBO,
I guess I'm new enough that this phrase confused me :P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic