Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO speedball better TD GIB style

#1 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-16, 11:59

I just played bbo speedball, it seems the TD doesn't allow GIB style and gave me an ave, pls tell speedball TD to be professional! otherwise no one will play with GIB!!!!

http://www.bridgebas...name=zhouhang32

#2 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2012-April-16, 12:45

Do you refer 1NT with singleton as GIB-style?

having 5th major is GIB style, but still balanced or 5422 at least hand, having 2+ in rest suits.

#3 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 12:54

ok... u can ask Leo LaSota, jmunday or other GIB players. All open 1nt with that hand. In this game, i also saw someone opened 2nt with 3631 only 16HCP, that is GIB style. singleton or not, that is a question of luck, but must open 1nt with GIB! He is GIB pls! because GIB has a lot of trouble in bidding 1h-3h, or 1h-3c, etc. 1nt is always the best choice.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-16, 13:09

Many players do strange things when playing in robot tourneys.

This type of behavior is not appropriate in tourneys with human opponents, because they are entitled to appropriate disclosure, as required by the Laws of Duplicate Bridge. We ignore those parts of the Laws for robot tourneys, because there's no way to explain things to robots. But when there are other humans at the table, you must disclose your methods.

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-16, 13:24

View Postbarmar, on 2012-April-16, 13:09, said:

This type of behavior is not appropriate in tourneys with human opponents, because they are entitled to appropriate disclosure, as required by the Laws of Duplicate Bridge. We ignore those parts of the Laws for robot tourneys, because there's no way to explain things to robots. But when there are other humans at the table, you must disclose your methods.

It's also not appropriate in three-robots-per-table tournaments, but it's harder to detect and properly punish there. Even robots are entitled to appropriate disclosure. It is clearly stated as a condition of contest when you play robot tournaments that you will play GIB's system, which does not include opening 1N with this type of hand.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-16, 13:34

Basically, in tourneys with no TD, it's a no holds barred free-for-all. I see all sorts of silly bids in the Express tourneys, too -- it doesn't seem to matter whether their partner is a robot or a human.

But when there's a TD on duty, you should expect more strict enforcement of the rules.

#7 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 13:42

Because GIB can not play like Lauria, so what i can do is to adapt myself to GIB style. make a bid Gib can understand and try to understand GIB's bid. like this hand http://www.bridgebas...name=zhouhang32 , in explanation, it is said 4+H 5+D, 14-22 total points, but in reality it is not. I opened 1nt is not for disturbing opps, just to let GIB know approximately which kind of hand i have.

#8 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 13:52

I think GIB is always ok. Human is clever! They can change their styles to make things simple! If u allow GIB in this tourney, u must also allow GIB style i think....

#9 User is offline   fuburules3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 23:48

View Postbarmar, on 2012-April-16, 13:09, said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's not like GIB fields psyches or is capable of adjusting if you don't play by its card.

#10 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-08, 15:21

View Postbarmar, on 2012-April-16, 13:34, said:

Basically, in tourneys with no TD, it's a no holds barred free-for-all. I see all sorts of silly bids in the Express tourneys, too -- it doesn't seem to matter whether their partner is a robot or a human.

But when there's a TD on duty, you should expect more strict enforcement of the rules.

Nobody in this thread did state which rule was violated by the OP. Did you know Law 40A3:

A player may make any call or play without prior announcement provided that such call or play is not based on an undisclosed partnership understanding (see Law 40C1).

Do you really think that the OP had an undisclosed partnership understanding with GIB?

The other funny idea in this thread is that the the laws are different if there is one robot at the table or 3 of them.

Karl

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users