• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC #6 Board 18

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-16, 01:13

Here is the hand where Andy (Gnasher) played 6 (you can see how he played by clicking next in diagram) and was critisized by a very good player that his line would fail if someone had a void with 2 trumps. Was suggested that he should have come to hand with 2nd instead of cashing A to be more safe. I disagreed.

In the given auction only South (JEC) can have 2056 shape, but if that was the case he has a textbook lightner double. However it is more likely for JEC to hold 4117 shape, then Andy would make while other table who played teh suggested safer line would go down, because then south would be able to discard his stiff when was ruffed with J in dummy. None of this happened, a good play became a push board without a reward.

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 02:03

Coming to hand first in spades risks somebody having a singleton heart and a singleton diamond. Is that more or less likely than somebody having a heart void and exactly 2 spades? I thought Andy found a nice and probably best line, and these extremely marginal decisions are not what Cayne matches are lost on.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#3 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2012-April-16, 03:05

I just assumed that that if someone had a heart void they'd have got it right already.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-16, 03:14

View Posthan, on 2012-April-16, 02:03, said:

Coming to hand first in spades risks somebody having a singleton heart and a singleton diamond. Is that more or less likely than somebody having a heart void and exactly 2 spades? I thought Andy found a nice and probably best line, and these extremely marginal decisions are not what Cayne matches are lost on.

No, it is less likely and imo impossible someone (that can be only south in this auction) holding a void + 2 cards

View PostMrAce, on 2012-April-16, 01:13, said:

In the given auction only South (JEC) can have 2056 shape, but if that was the case he has a textbook lightner double. However it is more likely for JEC to hold 4117 shape, then Andy would make while other table who played teh suggested safer line would go down, because then south would be able to discard his stiff when was ruffed with J in dummy. None of this happened, a good play became a push board without a reward.

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder

Posted 2012-April-16, 03:16

Good point, I glanced over it.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users