• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bingo Bidding Strategy 2S or 4S?

#1 User is offline   AAr 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-March-25, 01:41

Assuming you equally need both 2S and 4S on the Bingo Card:

Say, you figure in the bidding that 2S is absouletly cold. 4S also figures to be a huge favorite to make, unless the trumps break 4-0, in which case 4S would go down. Should I be content to play safe and pass out in 2S, or bid 4S? Does it depend where the cards are in the BINGO card, or how often does it appear? Does it depend on where I stand in Redeals? Perhaps if 3S is also in the Bingo Card, should I bid that to invite?

In MPs, IMPs, and TPs it is obvious to try to bid games if it seems that only a bad trump break or a bad lay of the cards would set it. Everybody else will, and you need the bigger scores.

But, in BINGO, it seems to me like the popular belief if you need both partscores and games on your BINGO card, get the partscore now (even if game seems to be cold), just take the partscore, even if the higher points for making game would be helpful in getting a redeal, as getting a square covered is 100% guarenteed instead of 90% guarenteed. But, redeals can be valuable, especailly early. But, going down in game when I could have played in and made partscore seems more costly in Bingo than in the MP, IMP, and TP tourneys.

Opinions on this, please? Should game bidding be far more conservative in Bingo than in other tourney types?

I post this because I've been going down in many contacts going for game due to bad trump breaks and such when I could have played at lower levels, and this to be the main thing preventing me from doing well in BINGO tourneys. Is this bad strategy in BINGO as it seems to be?

#2 User is offline   wayne_b 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-04, 08:33

I personally go for the game if needed on my active line.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-October-04, 09:31

I think in Bingo it's a better strategy to do the part scores first whenever you get the chance. I find it's more difficult to make bot stop below game - at the level I need on the grid. Bidding a cold game is easier because bingo tourneys use best hand for south, so you can easily evaluate whether a game will make or not.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users