BBO Discussion Forums: Program Not Responding Error Lags - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Program Not Responding Error Lags Lasts FOUR WHOLE MINUTES AT ONE TIME!!!

#1 User is offline   AAr 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-March-29, 23:31

I know PNRs are common if you're using a compute with malware problems and using an ISP with the same problem, but I when I log on to BBO, it goes into PNR mode for (and I'm not exaggerating) FOUR whole MINUTES at ONE time!!!. Usually, this happens immediately upon logging on to BBO, and happens most often when I just rebooted or turned on my computer. Essentially, what this does it turn a 20 second log-in time to a four-and-a-half minute (!) log-in time. I don't think, even with the malware my computer has and the ISP also having a simular problem that this lag should ever approach one minute at a time, let alone exceed three full minutes at one time. So, I think there might be some problem with the BBO server that if it goes to PNR, it does it for way longer than it should.

Anybody else having this problem? (I'm not talking about going to PNRs frequently, but I'm am talking about staying at that mode for long periods at one time.) It seems to me they should do something to try to get this lag (when it comes up) reduced by at least 90%. It shouldn't ever take more than 20 seconds, not three minutes.

OTOH, my ISP (AOL Broadband): I'm having the same problems with it. And, I also notice that whenever my ISP goes into PNR, so does0 BBO, and BBO won't come back until my ISP does. So, might it be better to close AOL (I can log onto BBO without logging on to AOL with my current Broadband device)? I still think there is something wrong with BBO's drivers for this lag to ever take this long, even with my ISP and malware problems, but I could be mistaken.

ETA: I contacted a yellow (Georgi) and she showed me some links that connected BBO to a backup server which she said should help solve this problem. I'm giving it a try. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-March-30, 06:33

Your most likely problem is that you simply have not established a connection to your router, assuming that you are using wireless connection. Confirm your connection first, before trying BBO.

It might be helpful to know whether you are using a browser to connect or the old BBO windows program.

You may have malware, which should be removed. You may also be starting too much junk every time you boot, and as a result using too much memory. Take AIM, Skype, and all sorts of other stuff out of your startup so that nothing is running after you reboot. It can take a long time if you have too little memory, fragmented disks, and are also trying to start programs that can't get a connection to the internet to finish their startup.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-March-30, 09:25

Isn't this basically the same problem you reported a month ago?

http://www.bridgebas...post&pid=616723

Your computer is clearly sick, you need to find a teenager and get them to clean it up for you. It's not a BBO problem, and I think it's expecting a bit much for us to solve your system and malware problems.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users