BBO Discussion Forums: Auto-Refresh Feature on Open Tables Screen - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto-Refresh Feature on Open Tables Screen Auto-Refresh Has Produced a Barrier in Choosing Your Own Table

#1 User is offline   boatchik 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-February-17, 17:55

Please, please, please make the auto-refresh function on the Open Tables screen an OPTIONAL feature. I am no longer able to look at a table and read the player profiles to decide if I want to join the table without losing the table I am reviewing because the auto-refresh function has kicked in and moved the tables on the screen. I end up chasing the tables and it is so frustrating. I like to be able to choose the people with whom I want to play, but the auto-fresh feature puts the Open Tables screen in perpetual motion & makes me lose my place about 95% of the time.

My vote would be to either present this new auto-refresh feature as an option for each user to be able to turn on or off, or to get rid of the auto-refresh feature altogether and let users just press the refresh button manually as we have always been able to do. It has worked fine for all this time. If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Thanks for your consideration.

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-February-18, 09:10

View Postboatchik, on 2012-February-17, 17:55, said:

Please, please, please make the auto-refresh function on the Open Tables screen an OPTIONAL feature. I am no longer able to look at a table and read the player profiles to decide if I want to join the table without losing the table I am reviewing because the auto-refresh function has kicked in and moved the tables on the screen. I end up chasing the tables and it is so frustrating. I like to be able to choose the people with whom I want to play, but the auto-fresh feature puts the Open Tables screen in perpetual motion & makes me lose my place about 95% of the time.

My vote would be to either present this new auto-refresh feature as an option for each user to be able to turn on or off, or to get rid of the auto-refresh feature altogether and let users just press the refresh button manually as we have always been able to do. It has worked fine for all this time. If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Thanks for your consideration.

The problem you describe should not be an issue anymore.

If you hold your mouse over a table, the position of that table in the list will not move after the list auto-refreshes.

For years the lack of auto-refresh has been one of the biggest complaints we have had concerning the web-client. The implementation of this feature seems to have been generally well-received. As such, we are certainly not going to get rid of it and we are generally hesistent to add new options especially when there is no clear need for them.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users